The Leeds Trinity University Inspire Programme has been supporting teachers, advisers and students for many years and helps you to meet key Gatsby benchmarks. This programme of presentations, workshops and activities is designed to inspire students to progress and succeed in higher education.
Take a look at the activities and get in touch to discuss your needs or to book.
- Subject Focus Visits
- Post-16 Presentations and Workshops
- Workshops for Teachers and Advisors
- Pre-16 workshops and events
- Contact the Schools and Colleges Engagement Team
You can also download a PDF of the Inspire Programme to read and print below.
Subject Focus Visits
What is a Subject Focus Visit?
Subject Focus Visits are designed to provide Year 12/13 and Year 1/2 college students with an experience of what it would be like to study specific subjects at university. We also provide students with an insight into university life by allowing them to view different areas of the university and speak to current students.
Why bring a group of students to a Subject Focus Visit?
- We will provide free travel and lunch for all guests.
- Simple booking system, we take care of all aspects of your booking.
- Inspire your students in specific subject areas.
- Make contacts with university staff for future engagement.
What to expect on the day?
- A friendly welcome and some lunch.
- Subject Activity led by our lecturers. A chance for students to ask questions and find out what to expect if they studied this area at university.
- Campus Tour delivered by our student ambassadors. A chance for students to see our beautiful campus.
- UCAS Top Tips. Advice and support on what to do next in the application process.
Schedule for 2022-2023 Subject Focus Visits
|Year 13/Year 2 College Subject Focus Visits|
|BSc (Hons) Physiotherapy||Wednesday 19 October 2022|
|BSc (Hons) Biomedical Science||Wednesday 19 October 2022|
|Year 12/Year 1 College Subject Focus Visits|
|Psychology||Wednesday 16 November 2022|
|Criminology, Sociology & Policing||Wednesday 16 November 2022|
|Primary Education||Wednesday 23 November 2022|
|Children Young People & Families||Wednesday 23 November 2022|
|Computer Science||Wednesday 11 January 2023|
|English||Wednesday 18 January 2023|
|Philosophy, Ethics & Religion||Wednesday 18 January 2023|
|Journalism||Wednesday 1 February 2023|
|Media, Film & Photography||Wednesday 1 February 2023|
|Business||Wednesday 22 February 2023|
|Law||Wednesday 22 February 2023|
|BSc (Hons) Physiotherapy||Wednesday 1 March 2023|
|BSc (Hons) Biomedical Science||Wednesday 1 March 2023|
|Health & Social Care||Wednesday 26 April 2023|
How to book
Book a Subject Focus Visit by emailing the School and College Engagement Team: SCLHello@leedstrinity.ac.uk
Subject Focus Visits June 2023
We will be repeating the above schedule in June 2023, dates will be announced later in the academic year. If you are interested in booking then please get in touch by email SCLHello@leedstrinity.ac.uk
Post-16 Presentations at your school or college
We can deliver presentations at your school or college, or online covering the following topics:
- Why university? The UCAS journey
- Student Life Q&A (delivered with our student ambassadors)
- How to write an excellent personal statement
- Student Finance
- Let's Talk - How to Engage with universities at fairs and Events
- Subject presentations available on request - please email SCLhello@leedstrinity.ac.uk
Contact us to request an Inspire presentation or workshop. Each of these topics may be delivered as:
In school or college delivery:
- 15-minute presentation e.g. For an assembly.
- 45-minute interactive workshop.
- 5-minute video with key takeaway points to play during PSHE or registration.
- 30-minute interactive session facilitated by the SCE team.
Personal Statement feedback
We can provide bespoke feedback from our School and College Engagement staff to individual students on their draft UCAS personal statements via our personal statement feedback service.
Offered throughout the year this can be accessed on our Personal Statement webpage.
Train to Teach Workshops
These can be delivered online or in school/college. They have been designed to support Year 13/Year 2 College students with the application process for an undergraduate degree in Primary Education at Leeds Trinity University, including UCAS personal statement and interview preparation.
An online Train to Teach webinar for Primary Education applicants will take place on Thursday 17 November from 6.00pm to 7.00pm. Individuals can book their place by emailing SCLhello@leedstrinity.ac.uk.
Routes Into Policing
Policing is now a graduate career and Leeds Trinity University is the academic partner for West Yorkshire Police’s Degree Apprenticeship (PCDA) and Degree Holder Entry Programme (DHEP). This 45-60 minute session will introduce students to different paths into policing including: pre-join degrees, Degree Apprenticeships, and Graduate Schemes. Also, get an insight into the application process and 'need to knows' from current students applying to the Police.
Delivered upon request online or in school/ college. Please contact SCLhello@leedstrinity.ac.uk to enquire.
Information Evenings at your school or college
We would love to attend your progression events, careers evenings or parent information events, to offer guidance and support to Year 12/Year 1 College and Year 13/Year 2 College students.
Post-16 Summer School
The Post-16 Summer School is our widening participation programme for young people who have the talent and drive to go to university, but who may need additional support with the application process and understanding of what is possible for them at university and beyond.
This will take place in July 2023, exact dates to be confirmed.
If you have a number of students who would like to take part, we can support you with transport. Please get in touch by email to discuss your requirements.
For more information please see the Post-16 Summer School page.
Workshops for Teachers and Advisers
We offer events for Information, Advice and Guidance specialists throughout the year. Find out more and book on our Workshops for Teachers and Advisers page.
Pre-16 workshops and events
- Student Life Q&A sessions with our Student Ambassador role models. A 20 to 45 minute session that can be streamed live or delivered in school.
- Year 8, 9 and 10 HE Experience Days will take place on campus for eligible cohorts in Spring Term 2023.
To book or make an enquiry about Pre-16 workshops and events please email SCLhello@leedstrinity.ac.uk
A package of five short 10-minute IAG sessions to be delivered in-house by support staff, teachers and advisers. Using our resources and session plans, you will be able to introduce the concept of HE to your pre-16 students; help them reflect on their own educational and employment goals and equip them with the knowledge to pursue them.
We provide additional support for young people who are both in and leaving care and who are considering university. We offer an enhanced package of advice and guidance throughout their application process and university experience. We also provide a Care Leavers’ Bursary.