Tuition fees

The international fees for our degrees vary by course programme and are reviewed annually. Undergraduate fees remain the same for each year of your course.

The international fees for 2022-23 and 2023-24 are:​

CourseTuition fees
​Three-year undergraduate degree course £12,000 (per year)
Two-year undergraduate degree course​ £12,000 (per year)
MA Childhood and Education £11,500
MA Creative Writing £11,500
MA Criminology and Criminal Justice £12,500
MSc Data Science and Artificial Intelligence £12,750
MA Family Support £11,500
MA International Business £12,500
​MA Journalism £12,500
LLM Law £12,500
MBA £12,500
MA Mental Health in Children and Young People £11,500
​PhD, MPhil ​or MbR​ (cost per year) £12,500
MSc Project Management £12,500
​MSc Psychology (conversion)​ £12,500
MA Victorian Studies £11,500
PGCE £12,500

Tuition fees status and assessment

Tuition fees are set at different levels for Home and International students. Students on a study visa are usually classed as International students for fee status purposes. Our Admissions department may carry out a fee status assessment for applicants in other circumstances.
You can find more information on Tuition fees status and assessment in this PDF.

EU Nationals

  • EU students who have started their courses before 2021 will continue to benefit from ‘home fee’ status and funding for the duration of their course.
  • EU Nationals on a study visa will usually be classed as International students

Paying your deposit and tuition fees

Once you've accepted your place, you must pay a minimum of 50% of your academic tuition fee prior to programme registration. Your Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS), which is required to apply for a Student Route visa, will not be issued until we receive this payment. This deposit is non-refundable, unless you are refused a visa to study in the UK. ​​

How to pay

These are two ways to pay your tuition fee deposit payment to Leeds Trinity University. You can also pay the required accommodation rent or deposit using one of the following methods.

  • Bank transfer

Leeds Trinity's bank account details are as follows:

AccountLeeds Trinity University
Bank Barclays
Sort code 20 48 46
Account number 20083925
IBAN GB88BARC 2048 4620 0839 25
​Swift code BARCGB22​

Please quote​ your Student ID ​number when making the payment.

  • ​Payment online

Visit epayments to pay through our online system​

If you wish to decline your course offer, please notify us promptly by emailing​. If you applied through UCAS then you will also need to decline through UCAS within their set deadline.

Paying your remaining tuition fees

Your remaining 50% tuition fee should be paid within 8 weeks of your course starting. You can pay using the above methods listed above or through your student E-vision account which you will have when you are fully registered on your course. You can view the Leeds Trinity Student Financial Regulations here.

Leeds Trinity cannot accept cash payments for tuition or accommodation fees.

Funding your studies

International Students are not eligible for student finance or financial support from the UK government. International Students must be able to show they have funds in place for their fees and living costs in order to secure a study Visa. See more on the Visa Information page.

International Students can:

• Check if any funding is available from their home country government for International study (Leeds Trinity does not accept US Federal Loans).

• Investigate eligibility for scholarships on The British Council website Scholarships and Funding page, and The UK Council for International Student Affairs website.

• Save up their money to help fund their studies prior to applying for the course

Living costs

How much money you will need to spend on your essential expenditure (rent, bills, travel, books and course equipment, food etc) differs depending on a person’s circumstances, preferences and available budget.

These websites will give you an idea of how much living costs are in general in the UK, but costs can increase significantly depending on the economic situation:


Council Tax and TV Licence

In the UK there is a tax called ‘Council Tax’ payable to the local council of the area in which you live. Full-time students (including international students) do not usually have to pay this tax. Find out more on the Managing your money page.

In the UK you need to pay to watch TV or BBC iPlayer (called a TV licence). Students (including international students) usually need to pay for a TV Licence. Find out more on the TV Licensing website.

Money and banking

International credit card and accounts

If you are in the UK for less than six months, you will not be able to open a local bank account. We recommend that you research which accounts and cards you can obtain in your country which have the lowest charges for using in the UK. Digital-only banks often offer better rates for currency exchange and lower charges for withdrawing money abroad. One such option is Wise multi-currency account. VISA and Mastercard are accepted in almost all shops. Be aware that some international banking options such as Union Pay are not accepted in most places in the UK.

Opening a UK bank account

If you will be studying within the UK for at least one year, you should be eligible to open a student bank account with a bank in the UK. Sometimes basic current accounts with no overdraft facility are the only option for international students.

Most high street banks will ask for following documents:

  • Proof of identity: Your passport or national identity card
  • Proof that you are a student at Leeds Trinity: Some banks may accept an Offer Letter but it is usually best to print a ‘bank letter’ from your E:Vision account. You need to be fully registered to be able to do that.
  • Proof of address: Your bank may want records of your address within the UK as well as your home address. You can use a tenancy contract or a utility bill with your name.
  • Minimum deposit and fees: Your bank may also require a minimum deposit into your account in order to open it. In some circumstances, you must also keep a minimum balance in your account.

Which bank do I choose?

There are a few banks on Town Street in Horsforth and lots in the main city of Leeds. We suggest you research the best option for your own situation. Features such as overdraft offers for graduates and free gifts (such as a student railcard), should all be considered before opening a bank account.
You could also try to find out if your regular bank is also represented in the UK. This would make opening an account even easier.


We recommend that you bring a small amount of British Pounds (GBP) with you if you are not sure that you can use your non-UK issued debit/credit cards.
The only currency accepted at the shops, retail outlets and restaurants is GBP. Most places accept either card or cash. However, smaller ‘corner shops’ (off license shops) may have a minimum spend in order to use your card.
Please be aware that there is often a charge on your foreign-issued bank card for transactions so these fees can rack up quickly.
Please do not bring large amounts of cash into the UK. Leeds Trinity cannot accept cash payments for tuition or accommodation fees.


It is important to plan your budget before you arrive. Think about

  • the money you will have,
  • whether you are able to work to help maximise your income,
  • what your living costs might be (see living costs section)

The following websites will help you plan your budget:

Firm applicants who have been given their Leeds Trinity Student ID number can log into and watch the pathway ‘international students’ to learn about money language and budgeting.

Working during your studies

​​Most students with a Student Route visa, studying on a full-time degree course are entitled to work during their studies. Your visa will state if you're allowed to work. You will be able to work in the UK for a maximum of 20 hours per week during term-time and full-time during holidays. Working more than the permitted hours may affect your immigration status and is a serious offence.

You'll not be allowed to work if you're in the UK on a Student Visitor visa.

Our Careers and Employability team can assist you with looking for part-time work once you join Leeds Trinity.

Scholarships from Leeds Trinity University

Alumni Scholarship

All Leeds Trinity graduates are eligible for a tuition fee discount on postgraduate courses of up to 50%, excluding PGCE Provider-led, School Direct or SCITT courses. You will need to achieve a 2:2 or above in a Leeds Trinity undergraduate degree course to qualify for the Alumni Scholarship.

Postgraduate courseDiscount
Master's by research 100% for graduates with a 1st class honours degree
MA/MSc programmes 50% for graduates with a 1st class honours degree
35% for graduates with a 2:1 honours degree
20% for graduates with a 2:2 honours degree
MA Education 20% for PGCE graduates if none of the above apply

Sanctuary Scholarship

Every year, Leeds Trinity offers Sanctuary Scholarships, originally set up in partnership with the Helena Kennedy Foundation through their article 26 project. The Sanctuary Scholarship provides up to five students with a tuition fee waiver for the length of their undergraduate course.

To apply, applicants must have an offer on a course at Leeds Trinity University. They must also be seeking asylum in the UK and/or they must have a status that does not allow them to access student finance from the UK government. Sponsored students entering the UK on a study visa are not eligible to apply.

If a recipient of the Sanctuary Scholarship's immigration status changes, making them able to access Student Finance, or that their immigration status no longer allows them to study for the duration of the course, then the scholarship would need to be cancelled.

The application cycle for 2023/24 for courses that start in September / October 2023 has closed. Applicants applying for a course that starts in January 2024 can make an application until October 2023.

The application cycle for 2024/25 will open in January 2024.

Applicants must have an offer on a course directly with Leeds Trinity University to apply

Please e-mail your completed application form and reference to

Post-offer guidance notes


For more information about being an International Student take a look at our international student pre-arrival guide.

Help and support

You can contact the Leeds Trinity Money Advice Service by email: