Applicants and Current Students

Leeds Trinity University welcomes disabled students. If you have a disability, please tell us about it so that we can put in place adjustments and arrange support for you.

Any student with a disability, specific learning difficulty, mental health or long-term medical condition is entitled to reasonable adjustments; these can include:

  • extra time in exams
  • additional borrowing periods for library loans
  • adjustments to group work
  • alternative assessments
  • adapted teaching resources

Study Skills Support

Disabled Students Allowance (DSA) Non-Medical Help (NMH) 

Leeds Trinity University is not a provider of DSA funded NMH support. The University provides one to one and group study skills support for all our students. This is provided in-house and does not require students to apply for Disabled Students Allowance.

The nature of the support is academic study skills and learning development. For students with confirmed diagnoses of Specific Learning Difficulties (SpLD), we can also provide tutors with experience of providing specialist study skills support.

We can provide advice and additional support to students with a range of disabilities.

These include:

  • Dyslexia or other specific learning difficulties
  • Medical conditions
  • Autism
  • Visual and hearing impairments
  • Physical or mobility difficulties


For Disability Services to recommend adjustments it would be helpful if students could forward us any evidence to confirm their disability.

ADD or ADHD Diagnostic report from an ADHD specialist or a doctor/consultant letter confirming a diagnosis of the condition.
Autism Spectrum Disorder

Diagnostic report from an autism specialist or a doctor/consultant letter stating that autism has been confirmed.

Specific Learning Difficulties (SpLD) – e.g., dyslexia, dyspraxia, dyscalculia

Post-16 educational psychological assessment report with confirmed diagnosis of Specific Learning Difficulties/dyslexia. 

Pre-16 educational psychological assessment report. Please note, pre-16 reports may not be appropriate to apply for Disabled Students Allowance (DSA).

Disability Services will consider any evidence that confirms students have received support and adjustments at school/college.  Please note, although we may agree to recommend adjustments on the basis of non-diagnostic evidence these are usually interim measures.

Dyspraxia: alternative evidence

Instead of a report from a chartered or educational psychologist, we can also accept an occupational therapist’s report or a doctor/consultant letter identifying dyspraxia.

Health conditions (including arthritis, epilepsy, diabetes, cystic fibrosis (CF), narcolepsy, repetitive strain injury (RSI), cancer, HIV, hepatitis, multiple sclerosis (MS), Crohn’s disease, lupus, or CFS/ME) Doctor/consultant letter.
Hearing impairment, deaf Doctor/consultant or audiologist letter. An audiogram is not sufficient without a letter from a doctor/consultant or audiologist to explain the audiogram
Mental health difficulties (including depression, anxiety, eating disorders, obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD), bipolar affective disorder, personality disorders, or psychosis)  Doctor/consultant or psychiatrist letter.
Mobility difficulty (including paralysis, back problems, scoliosis, chronic pain, or using a wheelchair)  Doctor/consultant letter.
Visual impairment, blind Doctor/consultant letter.

You can contact us and send evidence to

Accessible campus

Our accommodation and campus buildings have been developed to include:

  • platform lifts for wheelchair users
  • automatic doors
  • en-suite rooms
  • adapted kitchens
  • adapted fire alarms for students with hearing impairments

Please make us aware of your specific needs when you are booking accommodation.

This will help to ensure we can provide the most appropriate support for you.

Book an appointment

During your time with us, our friendly and approachable team is available for one-to-one appointments.

Visit us

We encourage you to visit our Dyslexia and Disability Support team before you apply to University.

It's the best way to find out how we can tailor our support to your needs.
Dyslexia and disability support are on campus and open during office hours on: