In this section

It's never too late to build your future, whether it's a career change, enhancing your current skills, or starting studies after a break from education.

As a mature student, you'll be part of a supportive community at Leeds Trinity, where almost a third of our students are mature - students are considered mature if they're aged 21 or over when they enrol.

Leeds Trinity provides guidance for mature students throughout the admissions process and offers plenty of support once you're on campus.

Fees and funding

As a mature student with existing financial commitments, you may be wondering how you can afford to pay for your university course.

Tuitions fees don't need to be paid upfront - you can apply for a tuition fee loan to cover the cost of the course, as well as a maintenance loan and additional funding if you have children.

You can find out everything you need to know about fees and funding on the government website.

Learning Hub

Our Learning Hub can help you develop your academic skills.

If it's been a long time since you've written an essay and feel daunted by the prospect of completing assignments, the Learning Hub team can help.

They offer support with essay writing, study skills and time management, and offer personalised tutorials.


Cliffe House Day Nursery is on the Leeds Trinity campus.

It offers places for children aged from three months to five years.

Students' Union

You won't be alone at Leeds Trinity, where you are a name and not a number.

The Students' Union runs events throughout the academic year, specifically aimed at mature students.

They also have a dedicated Mature Students' Officer who can help you with any queries.

Entry requirements

Ideally, you'll meet the advertised entry requirements for your chosen course.

In some cases, we may be able to consider alternative qualifications and work experience. 

Contact our admissions team for advice:

You'll need to demonstrate your readiness for studying at degree level in your application.

If you haven't been in education for a long time, you may wish to consider completing an Access to Higher Education Diploma before applying to university. The diploma would count towards the UCAS points you need to get on your degree course. 

How to apply

Check out our information on how to apply for:

The Universities and Colleges Admissions Service (UCAS) has advice for mature students on its website.


We offer all first-year undergraduate students the opportunity to apply to stay in our halls of residence.

Living in halls can be a great way to meet friends and socialise.

Or you can find privately rented accommodation nearby.

Lots of our students do also choose to live at home while studying though, so if you commute onto campus you won't be alone.