Care for our students, our staff, our partners and the wider community lies at the heart of our culture and is the embodiment of our values in action.
By 2021 we will be renowned for developing well-rounded and experienced graduates equipped to build fulfilling futures and as a leading university for student, staff, partner and community engagement.
Leeds Trinity University transforms lives by providing a unique and rich combination of academic, professional and personal development in an inclusive and nurturing university community.
The University is here to make a difference to the people, the professions and the places that we serve. We provide unique educational experiences that are focused on the individual and informed by our Catholic faith foundation.
We actively promote the principles of dignity, respect, social justice, equality and inclusion to support the social and economic health and wellbeing of every person in our University community.
Our actions and behaviours are guided by our values of:
- Care: We want everyone we work with to feel that we genuinely have their interests at heart and that they are constantly and consistently valued and supported by us.
- Collaboration: We are driven by mutual respect, teamwork and effective partnerships.
- Integrity: We are honest, open, ethical and fair. People trust us to adhere to our word.
- Excellence: We aspire to be the best, to deliver to the highest standards and to continuously improve on our performance.
- Inclusivity: Everyone at Leeds Trinity University is valued, respected and encouraged to contribute, and everyone has the same rights, status and opportunities.
Strategic Plan 2018-2021
Our Strategic Plan 2018-2021 sets out our ambitions and intentions, focusing on three themes of:
- Building community and inclusivity
- Ensuring sustainability
- Delivering quality
People Plan 2018 to 2021
Through our People Plan we want to take our ambitions beyond words and make them a lived experience for everyone. Our aim is to develop and embed a culture of high performance – where excellence is the norm and exceptional is the target – adopting an approach by which people are empowered, developed and supported whilst being expected to deliver against clearly defined objectives, strongly aligned to our strategic goals.
- The high standards we expect of our people are matched with our commitment to them that we will:
- be clear in our expectations of each other and provide clear direction
- develop our people, helping them to achieve their best and fulfil their potential
- review performance regularly and constructively, providing support as necessary, and with a clear link to our institutional ambitions
- endeavour to motivate our people, raise aspirations and empower everyone in the ongoing development of our University
- listen to our people and provide the means for them to feedback
- promote, recognise and reward excellence