Are you a Post-16 student who is interested in studying at Leeds Trinity University? Do you want to get a taste of life at university? Come to our Post-16 Summer School.
What is it?
A two-night, three-day residential from Tuesday 11 to Thursday 13 July 2023.
You’ll get the chance to:
- Meet academics from the subject area you are interested in
- Take part in fun social activities
- Meet other students who are thinking of applying to Leeds Trinity University
- Get a brilliant insight into life on campus from our Student Ambassadors
- Receive information, advice and guidance about your next steps from our experienced engagement team, including personal statements and student finance.
Why should I attend?
- Free accommodation in our halls of residence, food, transport and entertainment
- Network with staff across the University
- Become more familiar with the Leeds Trinity University student life and facilities
- Have fun, meet new people, and discover new things.
Who is it for?
When selecting participants for our Post-16 Summer School, we will use the following criteria:
Part 1: You should meet both of these essential criteria:
Be in your first year of a Level 3 qualification e.g. Year 12, lower sixth, Year 1 college.
And want to study one or more of these university subjects:
- Biomedical Science
- Computer Science
- Health and Social Care
- Philosophy, Ethics and Religion
Part 2: You should meet one or more of the additional criteria:
- Be the first person in your family to go to university
- Your studies have been disrupted by circumstances in your personal or domestic life
- You are a Care Experienced young person
- You are estranged from your family
- You have a disability, long-standing medical condition, learning difficulty, or mental health issue
- You are a carer for a parent/guardian or sibling
- You attend a school achieving below the national average at GCSE (Attainment 8 score). To find out if your school qualifies under these criteria check the school’s Attainment 8 score on the UK Government website.
- You live in a geographical area with low levels of progression on to higher education. Check eligibility using the Office for Students online postcode checker. Only POLAR 4 young participation quintile 1-2 are eligible. Search by postcode - Office for Students
- You are a member of the Gypsies, Travellers, Roma, Showmen & Boaters (GRTSB) community.
How to book your place
Applications are now closed for the Post-16 Summer School 2023.
Find out more
If you have any questions, or would like to find out more about the Post-16 Summer School, please contact the School and College Engagement team on 0113 283 7186 or email: SROhello@leedstrinity.ac.uk.