Are you a Post-16 student who is interested in studying at Leeds Trinity University? Do you want to get a taste of life at university? Come to our Post-16 Summer School.
What is it?
A two-night, three-day residential from Tuesday 11 to Thursday 13 July 2023.
You’ll get the chance to:
- Meet academics from the subject area you are interested in
- Take part in fun social activities
- Meet other students who are thinking of applying to Leeds Trinity University
- Get a brilliant insight into life on campus from our Student Ambassadors
- Receive information, advice and guidance about your next steps from our experienced engagement team, including personal statements and student finance.
Why should I attend?
- Free accommodation in our halls of residence, food, transport and entertainment
- Network with staff across the University
- Become more familiar with the Leeds Trinity University student life and facilities
- Have fun, meet new people, and discover new things.
Who is it for?
When selecting participants for our Post-16 Summer School, we will use the following criteria:
Part 1: You should meet both of these essential criteria:
Be in your first year of a Level 3 qualification e.g. Year 12, lower sixth, Year 1 college.
And want to study one or more of these university subjects:
- Biomedical Science
- Computer Science
- Health and Social Care
- Journalism, Nursing
- Philosophy, Ethics and Religion
Part 2: You should meet at least two of the additional criteria:
- Be the first person in your family to go to university
- Your studies have been disrupted by circumstances in your personal or domestic life
- You are a Care Experienced young person
- You are estranged from your family
- You have a disability, long-standing medical condition, learning difficulty, or mental health issue
- You are a carer for a parent/guardian or sibling
- You attend a school achieving below the national average at GCSE (Attainment 8 score). To find out if your school qualifies under these criteria check the school’s Attainment 8 score on the UK Government website.
- You live in a geographical area with low levels of progression on to higher education. Check eligibility using the Office for Students online postcode checker. Only POLAR 4 young participation quintile 1-2 are eligible. Search by postcode - Office for Students
- You are a member of the Gypsies, Travellers, Roma, Showmen & Boaters (GRTSB) community.
How to book your place
Applications open on Monday 27th March.
Register your interest now by completing the Post-16 Summer School Expression of Interest Form.
Find out more
If you have any questions, or would like to find out more about the Year 12 Summer School, please contact the School and College Engagement team on 0113 283 7186 or email: SROhello@leedstrinity.ac.uk.