UCAS tariff points
Accounting and finance are at the heart of all business operations. From micro businesses and ‘start ups’ to multinational service and supply companies, the ability to manage, plan and account for money is the key driver of growth and profit, the ultimate measures of business success.
A degree in Accounting and Business will enable you to develop the skills necessary to influence and inform business operations and strategy. Enabling you to drive policy and deliver jobs, prosperity and wealth, this degree programme will open the door to a wide range of challenging and rewarding career opportunities in the UK and abroad.
About this course
We'll give you a grounding in the two key branches of accounting – management and financial accounting – teaching you how to prepare and analyse business accounts and critically interpret and inform financial decision making.
We'll show you how businesses design and control their operations, exploring how economic factors affect business decisions. In addition to finance and accounting, you'll study models for management and leadership, and gain an understanding of how corporate governance works.
You'll also explore the legal context for accounting and business, looking at the areas of UK and EU law that directly affect the legal structure and operations of businesses.
Your lecturers will use their industry experience to relate accounting and business theories to working practice. This programme makes extensive use of real-life case studies, for example, to bring current issues with audit quality and misreporting scandals to life. You will apply what you learn as you study, meaning that on graduation you can be confident in your ability to work and thrive in any business or professional sector.
Why study with us?
- Learn from the experts. Our lecturers are experienced practitioners with years of professional accounting, auditing and teaching experience.
- Increase your earning potential. You’ll be well-prepared to take advantage of the growing demand for finance and accounting professionals.
- Build your networks. You’ll have the opportunity to join professional networks during your degree.
- Become professionally qualified. You’ll gain part-exemption from ACCA (Association of Chartered Certified Accountants) and CIMA (Chartered Institute of Management Accountants) professional accounting examinations on completion of this course.
This course is accredited by the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA). Completion of the programme can give you part-exemption from the ACCA professional accounting examinations.
Graduates from this course can claim exemptions from up to eight CIMA (Chartered Institute of Management Accountants) professional examinations. This allows you to begin at the Operational or Management level of training as a CIMA Accountant.
You will study a variety of modules across your programme of study. The module details given below are subject to change and are the latest example of the curriculum available on this course of study.
Modules by Year
Core modules (students are required to take):
- Principles and Applications of Macroeconomics
- Management & Organisational Behaviour
- Marketing Fundamentals
- Operations Management
- Financial and Management Accounting
- Ethics, Society and Employability
- Integrated Assessment
Core modules (students are required to take)
- Professional Development & Placement
- Financial Management
- Legal Issues for Management
- Financial Accounting
- Business Research
- People Management
Core modules (students are required to take):
- Audit & Assurance
- e-business and e-marketing
- Business and Management Strategy
- Financial Reporting
Students are also required to choose one option module from:
- Research Project (Finance /Accounting)
- Professional Learning through Work
And one option module from:
- Project Management
- Entrepreneurship and Creativity
- International Marketing
Learning and Teaching
At Leeds Trinity we aim to provide an excellent student experience and provide you with the tools and support to help you achieve your academic, personal and professional potential.
Our Learning, Teaching and Assessment Strategy delivers excellence by providing the framework for:
- high quality teaching
- an engaging and inclusive approach to learning, assessment and achievement
- a clear structure through which you progress in your academic studies, your personal development and towards professional-level employment or further study.
We have a strong reputation for developing student employability, supporting your development towards graduate employment, with relevant skills embedded throughout your programme of study.
We endeavour to develop curiosity, confidence, courage, ambition and aspiration in all students through the key themes in our Learning and Teaching Strategy:
- Student Involvement and Engagement
- Integrated Programme and Assessment Experience
- Digital Literacy and Skills
- Employability and Enterprise
To help you achieve your potential we emphasise learning as a collaborative process, with a range of student-led and real-world activities. This approach ensures that you fully engage in shaping your own learning, developing your critical thinking and reflective skills so that you can identify your own strengths and weaknesses, and use the extensive learning support system we offer to shape your own development.
We believe the secret to great learning and teaching is simple: it is about creating an inclusive learning experience that allows all students to thrive through:
- Personalised support
- Expert lecturers
- Strong connections with employers
- An international outlook
- Understanding how to use tools and technology to support learning and development
Your time on campus, learning through in-person teaching, is at the heart of your academic experience and the way we deliver our programmes. This is supported and further enhanced by additional engagement activities and opportunities provided online and through digital teaching materials. This blended approach seeks to ensure a positive learning and teaching student experience.
Your programme of study has been carefully designed around a three-phase model of delivery:
- Preparation: You will be given clear tasks to support you in preparing for live teaching. This could include watching a short-pre-recorded lecture, reading a paper or text chapter or preparing other material for use in class.
- Live: All your live teaching will be designed around active learning, providing you with valuable opportunities to build on preparation tasks, interact with staff and peers, and surface any misunderstandings.
- Post: Follow-up activities will include opportunities for you to check understanding, for staff to receive feedback from you and your peers to inform subsequent sessions, and for you to apply learning to new situations or context.
Preparation, Live and Post teaching and learning and the digital materials used will vary by course, but will be designed to help you structure your learning, take a full and active part in your course, and apply and test your developing knowledge and skills.
A variety of assessment methods are used, matched to the learning outcomes for your programme, allowing you to apply and demonstrate the full range of knowledge and skills that you have developed.
For more details on specific assessment methods for this course contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Leeds Trinity University is committed to recruiting students with talent and potential and who we feel will benefit greatly from their academic and non-academic experiences here. We treat every application on its own merits; we value highly the experience you illustrate in your personal statement.
The following information is designed to give you a general overview of the qualifications we accept. If you are taking qualifications that are not included below, please contact our Admissions Office who will be happy to advise you.
|GCSE requirements||GCSE English Language and Maths at grade C or 4 or above|
|Typical A Level offer||BBC|
UK Home Students:
Tuition fees cost £9,250 a year for this course in 2021/2022.
Part-time tuition fees will be pro-rated accordingly to the number of credits you're studying. Depending on government policy, tuition fees may rise with inflation in future years.
Tuition fees for 2022/23 entry will be set in summer 2021.
Living costs, e.g. accommodation, travel, food, will also need to be taken into consideration.
Leeds Trinity offers a range of bursaries and scholarships to help support students while you study.
International Students, including EU Students:
Tuition fees cost £12,000 per year for this course starting in 2021/22.
Part-time study is not available for international students on a Student Route Visa.
We advise students that there may be additional course costs in addition to annual tuition fees:
- Recommended and required reading lists will be provided at the start of your course. All the books and e-books are available from our Library to borrow but you may choose to purchase your own.
- On some courses there may be additional costs, such as field trips, equipment, accreditations, that may be part-funded by the University. More details will be provided at the start of the course.
- You'll need to include placement/s travel and associated costs too, however the University will contribute a standard amount towards your total expenditure.
- The University provides students with a £6 printing credit each academic year which can be topped up either on campus or online.
How to apply
For full-time undergraduate courses, you apply through UCAS. That's the University and Colleges Admissions Service.
On your application form, you'll need to know our institution code - it's L24 - and the course code. If you click through to the UCAS website using the button below, it'll take you to the right place with all the information you need.
You can now submit your application for courses starting in September 2022. Your application should be submitted to UCAS by 26 January 2022.
You'll also need to write a personal statement - we've prepared a guide to help you.
There's lots more information about the application process on the UCAS website, or you can get in touch with our admissions team who will be happy to help:
Ranked 1st Our Business courses are ranked 1st out of 123 UK universities for ‘value-added’ - a score which compares students’ individual degree results with their entry qualifications to show how effective the teaching at an institution is - Guardian University Guide 2021
Students on the course have completed placements at KPMG, Lloyds Banking Group, Citigroup, UK Tax Associates and in the accounting centres of retail giants, including The Arcadia Group and Morrisons PLC.
This degree is ideal preparation for a career in finance and business consultancy, including accountancy, audit, taxation, corporate financial services and banking. Many of our students aspire to self-employment and this programme covers all aspects of business development, launch and growth.
What is Discover Uni?
Discover Uni is the official, authoritative source of information and guidance on higher education in the UK. The website allows you to search for and compare data and information on university and college programmes from across the UK.
It helps you make sense of all the information out there by linking to other quality resources and explaining what they can find where. It also allows you to search for and compare information and data for individual undergraduate courses across the UK.