In the coming months, it is possible that we will experience adverse weather conditions such as heavy snow.
This page is where we'll post announcements from the University in the event of adverse weather conditions, so please check this before travelling to/from the University.
Safe winter walking
In the event of adverse weather, please take care when walking around the campus.
The Estates and Facilities Team at Leeds Trinity University endeavour to ensure that snow and ice is removed from the circulation areas of the campus, car parks, roads and pavements. However, it is possible that staff, students and visitors may encounter some slippery surfaces when walking outdoors.
It is important for everyone to be vigilant and to be continually aware of the dangers caused by slippery surfaces, ensuring you move around the campus as safely as possible, where external surfaces may be affected by ice and snow.
Only go out if you have to, but if you do - carrying out these simple steps may prevent you from slipping and falling:
- Ensure you have wrapped up well with coat, gloves, hat and scarf.
- Wear appropriate shoes or boots that provide the best possible traction on snow and ice. Avoid plastic or leather soles with no tread.
- Plan ahead and give yourself sufficient time to get from A to B.
- Avoid carrying large, bulky objects that may put you off balance easily.
- Take a mobile phone with you.
- Be conscious that walking on a slippery surface may result in a fall, so avoid these surfaces where possible.
- Walk in designated walkways as much as possible – don’t take shortcuts over snow piles and areas where snow and ice removal as not been carried out as this can be hazardous.
- Look ahead when you walk and slow your walking pace to suit the condition underfoot.
- Take extra precaution and care when entering and exiting vehicles; use the vehicle for support and visually check the ground before exiting.
- When entering buildings, where possible remove snow and water from footwear to prevent creating wet, slippery conditions indoors. If you notice pooling water indoors, please report this to Reception so it can be dealt with.
Online services for current students
Students can access their main services, e.g. Moodle, e:Vision, the Library website, their email, through the MyLTU app or online via: https://myltu.leedstrinity.ac.uk/
Online services for staff
Outlook email and calendar (and other Office 365 services): https://www.office.com/
Trinity Desktop (Remote Access): https://remote.leedstrinity.ac.uk/RDWeb/Pages/en-US/login.aspx?ReturnUrl=/RDWeb/Pages/en-US/Default.aspx