Higher Level Teaching Assistant (HLTA) preparation courses
Leeds Trinity University has been providing Higher Level Teaching Assistant (HLTA) preparation courses for over ten years. We are one of the most established and highly regarded providers in the region and part of the HLTA National Assessment Partnership. We're also a key partner in the HLTA North consortium, which provides assessment and information for existing and aspiring HLTAs.
Our HLTA preparation courses give you the opportunity to learn from HLTA experts at venues across Yorkshire. Typically, the courses run over three or four days spread over a number of weeks.
National HLTA Standards
We use the National HLTA Standards during the assessment and to verify HLTA status.
Bespoke HLTA courses
Schools and Teaching School Alliances (TSA) can give staff the opportunity to benefit from tailor-made HLTA courses essentially designed to work with the requirements of your workplace.
In order to meet our entry requirements, applicants must be:
- employed in an education setting
- have GCSE grade C or above or the equivalent in English and Mathematics (HLTA entry tests in English and Mathematics can be taken if you don't have GCSE grade C or above)
How to apply
Applications are welcomed from Teaching Assistants in all types of schools.
Candidates who have received a letter confirming a place on a programme can download the Pre-Course Checklist - see below.
For details and costs of specific programmes and locations please see the information below.
HLTA programmes and locations
Locations are below. Dates of courses will be published as they are available.
Enquiries should be made to the Heads of School Administration office at Leeds Trinity on 0113 283 7100 or sent by email to email@example.com
- Huddersfield, including Calderdale applicants
- Harrogate, including Whitby applicants
- Pontefract, Wakefield, Doncaster and Barnsley
- Liverpool (please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Leeds (please contact Jenny Davis on 0113 378 6747, or email: email@example.com
Local Authority Partnerships
Those employed in Leeds schools can also contact the local authority to apply.