BSc (Hons) Professional Practice in Business-to-Business Sales
This work-based programme is designed to provide the essential knowledge, understanding and skills required to operate effectively and successfully in a sales role.
Register your interest
Whether you are a prospective apprentice or an employer, let us know which apprenticeships you're interested in and we'll be in touch.
Train with us with the following vacancies.
Apprentice Business to Business Account Manager - Buy It Direct Limited (link opens in a new window/tab)
Business-to-Business Sales Apprentice - Thatnurserylife Limited (link opens in a new window/tab)
Sales Development Assistant Apprentice - SolutionsPT Limited (link opens in a new window/tab)
About this course
This apprenticeship is suitable for anyone that wishes to pursue a career in business-to-business (B2B) sales, or to those already in sales roles who are ready to develop their skills further, such as:
- Account managers
- Business development managers
- Sales specialists
It will allow apprentices to combine work-based learning opportunities with academic knowledge gained through formal workshops and projects that are relevant to the organisation in which they work.
The Business-to-Business Sales Degree Apprenticeship is:
- Designed by industry professionals.
- Suitable as a way to upskill existing members of staff or as a pathway for new recruits.
- Delivered in small groups with specially-designed learning sessions ensuring that apprentices get the most out of their time in workshops and lectures.
- Required to include a minimum of 20% 'off-the-job' learning.
- Funded through the Apprenticeship Levy - no fees are paid by the apprentice.
Successful apprentices will gain a BSc (Hons) Professional Practice in Business-to-Business Sales degree, whilst also having the opportunity to become accredited by the Association of Professional Sales (professional membership fees apply).
Programme duration and delivery
It will typically take three years to complete the apprenticeship, however, there may also be opportunities to join part way through the programme if candidates have considerable experience in a particular area.
Apprentices will receive all the benefits of being a student at Leeds Trinity University, whilst also earning a full-time salary from their employer.
On-campus learning is supported by a variety of online workshops, tutorials and independent research activities that can be undertaken in the workplace.
The module details given below are subject to change, and are the latest example of the curriculum available on this course of study.
Modules by Year
- Starting your Apprenticeship Learning Portfolio
- Learning Skills for Apprentices
- Negotiated Learning: Principles of B2B Sales
- B2B Sales Environment
- Market Insights and Performance Management
- Social Selling and Sales Communication
- Negotiated Learning: Projects in the Workplace
- Reviewing and Planning Portfolio Enhancements
- Designing Practitioner Research
- Negotiated Learning: Consultative Selling Skills
- Commercial Acumen
- Solution Selling
- Psychology of Selling and Negotiation
- Work-based project
- Advancing Your Portfolio Towards the End-Point Assessment
- Negotiated Learning: Professional Sales Practitioner
- Professional and Ethical Selling
- Strategic planning in B2B Sales
- Work-based project
- End-Point Assessment
Learning and Teaching
At Leeds Trinity we aim to provide an excellent student experience and provide you with the tools and support to help you achieve your academic, personal and professional potential.
Our Learning, Teaching and Assessment Strategy delivers excellence by providing the framework for:
- high quality teaching
- an engaging and inclusive approach to learning, assessment and achievement
- a clear structure through which you progress in your academic studies, your personal development and towards professional-level employment or further study.
We have a strong reputation for developing student employability, supporting your development towards graduate employment, with relevant skills embedded throughout your programme of study.
We endeavour to develop curiosity, confidence, courage, ambition and aspiration in all students through the key themes in our Learning and Teaching Strategy:
- Student Involvement and Engagement
- Integrated Programme and Assessment Experience
- Digital Literacy and Skills
- Employability and Enterprise
To help you achieve your potential we emphasise learning as a collaborative process, with a range of student-led and real-world activities. This approach ensures that you fully engage in shaping your own learning, developing your critical thinking and reflective skills so that you can identify your own strengths and weaknesses, and use the extensive learning support system we offer to shape your own development.
We believe the secret to great learning and teaching is simple: it is about creating an inclusive learning experience that allows all students to thrive through:
- Personalised support
- Expert lecturers
- Strong connections with employers
- An international outlook
- Understanding how to use tools and technology to support learning and development
Throughout the programme, apprentices are assessed via various methods including:
- professional discussions
- work-based projects
- sales pitches
Apprentices will also create a portfolio of evidence throughout the programme to allow them to demonstrate how they have achieved the knowledge, skills and behaviours set out in the Apprenticeship Standard. Evidence may include reports, reflective logs, formative assessments and learning journals.
Upon completion of the degree, each apprentice will undertake the 'end-point assessment' which has been designed to enable the apprenticeship to be completed in accordance with the Business-to-Business Sales Degree Apprenticeship Standard.
The end-point assessment will consist of a work-based project, a presentation, panel interview and a sales pitch.
This will be assessed by an independent assessor.
Leeds Trinity University is committed to recruiting students with talent and potential and who we feel will benefit greatly from their academic and non-academic experiences here. We treat every application on its own merits; we value highly the experience you illustrate in your personal statement.
The following information is designed to give you a general overview of the qualifications we accept. If you are taking qualifications that are not included below, please contact our Admissions Office who will be happy to advise you.
- You will need to be employed for a minimum of 30 hours per week in a relevant role and have the support of your employer.
- GCSE English and Maths at grade 4 (C) or above or accepted equivalent qualifications.
- A Level 3 qualification (e.g. A-Levels, BTEC National Diploma or an Advanced Apprenticeship)
Applicants who do not meet the standard entry requirements may be considered based on their knowledge, skills and experience.
We offer extensive support to all of our apprentices - whatever your background or academic experience.
This includes access to our peer support mentors and the Learning Hub, which offers tailored support for academic skills.
Degree Apprenticeships are fully funded by your employer if their wage bill over £3 million each year.
The government will fund up to 95% of the apprenticeships course fees, up to the relevant funding gap, if the organisation has paid into the levy at least once during the financial year or if the organisation has spent all its levy.
Read more about how levy payments work from the UK Government website (link opens in a new window/tab).
How to apply
Whether you’re looking to develop your skills with us as an apprentice, or you’re an employer looking for more information on using Leeds Trinity University as a training provider, please complete the form below and we will contact you to discuss your options.
About Leeds Trinity University
Our professional Apprenticeships combine part-time study at Leeds Trinity University with workplace training. We've been providing outstanding provision in higher education for over 50 years and have significant experience of delivering work-based learning programmes. We are located on a beautiful campus just six miles from Leeds city centre with excellent links by road, rail and air. We're proud to offer a personal and inclusive university experience that gives everyone the support they need to realise their potential. Our teaching staff have extensive and relevant professional experience