Leeds Trinity has a long tradition of professional education.
Our work-based learning provision builds upon these areas of established strength and is informed by leading educational practice.
The Leeds Trinity Work-based Learning Framework:
- enables the learner and their organisation/other stakeholder to agree work-based learning activity which contributes to the goals of the organisation and the aspirations of the individual
- recognises and develops the workplace as a source of learning (such as through recognition of formal training courses and learning gained from experience, especially through work)
- is learner-centred and develops the individual, as an effective work-based learner able to undertake research and development activity of direct relevance to work
- encourages and enables individuals to take responsibility for their own continuing development
- provides a structured approach to real work-based projects which enhances their potential to contribute to the development of the organisation (at levels from local operational to strategic)
- focuses on the importance of knowledge as a key resource of the organisation
Our professional apprenticeships are aimed at both new and existing employees, and combine part-time study with workplace training.See our apprenticeships
Foundation and top-up degrees
Foundation degrees are work-based, higher education qualifications that can lead to an honours degree with a one-year top-up course.See our foundation degrees