Online Application Form Process
You are advised to read the job description and employee specification for each vacancy carefully before completing an application, as the decision whether to shortlist you will be based on the information provided in your application. Curriculum Vitae (CV) alone are not accepted but you can submit one attachment, with a maximum size of 5 MB, to support your application when applying online.
Please note that the online form will time-out after 60 minutes so please ensure you regularly click save.
If required, you can type your supporting statement in another software application e.g. MS Word and then copy and paste the text into the relevant box. Please be aware any formatting applied could be lost when copying.
Please note that the submission deadline for application forms is 23:59 hours on the specified closing date.
This page contains information to help you as you complete the following sections of online application form:
- Eligibility to Work in the UK
- Personal Details
- Education and Qualifications
- Professional & Occupational training / Professional Membership
- Employment Details
- Publications / Research / Scholarly Activity
- Supporting Statement
- Personal relationships with employees at Leeds Trinity University
- Availability to Start Work
- Source of Application
- Equality and Diversity Monitoring
- Criminal Convictions
There is also a summary of Application Tips to help you prepare and review your application.
Eligibility to Work in the UK
Leeds Trinity University has a legal responsibility to ensure that all employees are entitled to work in the UK. You must indicate on the application form if you have the automatic right to work in the UK, or if not, then on what basis you believe you are able to work. If you are offered a role with us, you will be required to verify this by producing the required documents.
Please include all your forenames and surname. If you use a different forename, please enter your preferred name.
Education and Qualifications
Please provide details of your highest qualification and any other qualifications which are relevant to the post you are applying for and/or specified in the Person Specification, starting with the most recent. Please include the name of the education establishment, qualification type/level, study end date, subject(s) and grade(s). Qualifications will be checked as part of our pre-employment checks if you are appointed
Professional & Occupational training / Professional Membership
Please provide details of any professional or occupational training and Professional membership(s) which are relevant to the post you are applying for.
Please provide details of your employment history commencing with your present or most recent position. Please provide full details for the last five years; for anything prior to this please complete employment dates, company name, job title, reason for leaving and a brief summary of your role.
Publications / Research / Scholarly Activity
If you are applying for an Academic/Professional post, if applicable please provide details of any publications / research or scholarly activity.
Please provide evidence to highlight your skills and experience which are relevant to the post you are applying for.
You should address how you meet the essential and desirable criteria outlined in the relevant person specification along with specific examples. The examples could be within or outside of work such as volunteer activity.
The maximum number of characters is 10,000. You may also attach one document, with a maximum file size of 5MB.
Please provide details of two referees, one being your current or most recent employer. For employer referees please ensure you enter the employer/company name in the 'House Name' field.
Please provide, wherever possible, an email address as this is our preferred contact method. In most cases we normally only contact referees once a verbal offer has been made.
Please note all appointments are subject to satisfactory references.
Personal relationships with employees at Leeds Trinity University
Please declare any family or personal relationships with any member of staff currently working at the University. This information is required to avoid any potential conflicts of interest.
Availability to Start Work
Please confirm details of when you could start work (if appointed) and any pre-booked holidays/other commitments.
Source of Application
To help us monitor the effectiveness of our recruitment process, please tell us where you saw this vacancy advertised.
Equality and Diversity Monitoring
Leeds Trinity University has an Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Policy and welcomes applications from all sectors of the community. Our aim is to ensure that no applicant or member of staff is disadvantaged or discriminated against either directly or indirectly. In order to ensure the effectiveness of this policy, information is collected from applicants on the key factors which relate to equal opportunity in employment. We will not share these details with the selection panel.
Neither the way you respond to this request for information nor the details you provide will have any bearing on the way in which your application for employment is considered. The information you provide in this section will be treated as strictly private and confidential and will only be used for equality and diversity monitoring purposes. It will only be released to specific bodies as deemed appropriate such as Leeds Trinity's Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Committee and the Higher Education Statistics Agency (HESA) in an anonymised and/or aggregated statistical format.
As an accredited user of the 'Two Ticks' Symbol (Positive about disabled people), Leeds Trinity University is committed to ensuring that any disabled applicant who meets all the essential criteria, as defined in the relevant person specification, will be shortlisted for interview. In order to facilitate this, the HR department will advise the Chair of the shortlisting panel of any disabled applicants fulfilling these criteria after the shortlisting exercise has been completed.
For all posts you are required to declare any unspent convictions. Certain posts may also be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Where relevant, this will have been outlined in the advertisement for the post.
You must complete this section of the form to confirm that the information you have provided is, to the best of your knowledge and belief, a true and accurate record. You are also agreeing the information in your application may be recorded, stored and processed by the University in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Things to make sure that you do
- submit your application by 23:59 hours on the closing date quoted in our advert by clicking the 'Submit' button then the continue button.
- tailor your application to meet the needs of the person specification. It is in your interest to make it easy for the selection panel to see how well you match the requirements of the role.
- provide evidence and examples of how your previous experience, skills and abilities mean that you match the needs of the job i.e. the abilities/skills specified in the essential/desirable criteria of the person specification. Remember that you may be able to draw from different areas of your life to provide relevant and useful examples, not just paid employment.
- provide a full and continuous history of your education/training and unemployment/work experience.
- complete all essential fields on the online application form. Incomplete application forms will not be accepted by the system.
- have checked all spelling and grammar. Do not rely solely on computer spellcheckers. It may also help to complete your application in another document first and then copy and paste the text into the relevant box.
- carefully consider any documentation that you choose to attach. All attachments should be relevant, add value to your application and should not duplicate information have provided in the main application.
- give yourself enough time to fully complete your application so that we have all the information we require to make an informed decision. It is also important that all the information you provide is honest and accurate.
Things not to do
- Just attach your CV without also addressing the criteria in the person specification. CVs alone will not be accepted.
- just confirm that you fulfil the criteria specified in the person specification without further explanation. You need to provide clear evidence of how you meet each criterion by giving examples which draw upon previous experience, from paid or voluntary employment, education or other interests.
- cut and paste previous supporting statements that you have used in previous applications! This will be obvious to the selection panel and will have a negative impact on their consideration of your case if your submission is not tailored to the role you are applying for.
- over inflate achievements, keep them accurate and honest.