95% of our 2017 graduates were in work or further study six months after graduating.*
We're extremely proud of our reputation for producing highly employable graduates. There are many reasons for this reputation, but the biggest is our approach to professional work placements.
We are one of the only universities to embed at least two professional work placements into all our undergraduate degrees - which means that no matter what you study, you will graduate with degree-relevant experience, industry contacts and valuable employer references.
We know that many universities will give you the chance to complete a work placement, so what makes professional work placements at Leeds Trinity so special?
Professional work placements included with every degree: No matter what you study at Leeds Trinity University, you'll complete at least two professional work placements as part of your degree.
2. Embedded into three-year degrees: Unlike many universities that offer placements as part of an additional sandwich year, all Leeds Trinity students complete their placement within the traditional three-year degree (or two-year accelerated degree).
3. Excellent employer relationships: We’ve developed relationships with more than 3,000 employer partners across the UK, giving you access to placement opportunities in a wide range of industries. These include leading national employers such as ITV, Arcadia Group and the NHS to name a few.
4. Exclusive placement opportunities: Thanks to our excellent employer relationships, we have a wide range of exclusive placement opportunities for Leeds Trinity students which means you won't have to face competition from other university students.
5. Direct access to employer networks: Through initiatives such as our placement conferences, employer networking events and sector seminars, you'll get direct access to employers networks that provide placements, volunteering opportunities and graduate roles.
6. Outstanding support: You’ll get support from our dedicated placement team, who will work with you to identify the right placement opportunity for you.
7. Comprehensive preparation: We run a two-week intensive placement preparation programme, in addition
to support from our placement team, academic and support staff.
8. Financial support: We'll give you a placement allowance for every placement you complete, which you can use towards the cost of your travel.
9. Experience that counts: All our professional work placements are part of an assessed module, which means that the experience you gain counts towards your final degree classification.
10. Go international: We encourage students to complete your placement abroad to boost your confidence and global awareness and make your CV stand out. We offer opportunities in countries like South Africa, Fiji, Rwanda and Malaysia and we help you apply for financial support from available grants.
Find out more about studying abroad
What will you get out of your placement?
1. The chance to apply your knowledge: Placements give you the chance to put what you've learnt throughout your degree into practice.
2. The skills to succeed: From team-working and decision-making to communication and planning, you'll develop the essential skills you'll need to succeed in the most competitive work environments.
3. Impressive references: 98% of employers would recommend their Leeds Trinity placement student, meaning you'll graduate with an impressive set of employer references.
4. Make invaluable contacts: While on placement, students have the opportunity to build up a network of contacts which can support them when it comes to searching for and securing graduate roles.
5. Paid employment opportunities: Many of our students go on to secure graduate roles with their placement providers.
Volunteering can also be used as an alternative to a professional placement on some courses. Read more information on volunteering here
Find out more
you have any questions about placements at Leeds Trinity University, you can
get in touch with the team on
You can get plenty of advice and opportunities on our Facebook page - or follow us on Twitter or Instagram.
*Destination of Leavers from Higher Education Survey 2017