It's official – we are the number one university in Yorkshire for the employability of our graduates.
A massive 97% of our 2016 graduates were in work or further study six months after graduating, which puts us in the top 20 UK universities for employability*.
We're extremely proud of our reputation for producing highly employable graduates. There are many reasons for this reputation, but the biggest is our approach to professional work placements.
We are the only university to embed at least two professional work placements into all our undergraduate degrees - which means that no matter what you study, you will graduate with degree-relevant experience, industry contacts and valuable employer references.
We know that many universities will give you the chance to complete a work placement, so what makes professional work placements at Leeds Trinity so special?
Professional work placements included with every degree: No matter what you study at Leeds Trinity University, you'll complete at least two professional work placements as part of your degree.
2. Embedded into three-year degrees: Unlike many universities that offer placements as part of an additional sandwich year, all Leeds Trinity students have the opportunity to complete at least two professional work placements as part of a traditional three-year degree.
3. Excellent employer relationships: We've developed relationships with more than 3,000 employer partners across the UK, giving you access to placement opportunities in a wide range of industries. These include leading national employers such as ITV, Arcadia Group and Morrisons.
4. Exclusive placement opportunities: Thanks to our excellent employer relationships, we have a wide range of exclusive placement opportunities for Leeds Trinity students which means you won't have to face competition from other university students.
5. Direct access to employer networks: Through initiatives such as our placement conferences, employer networking events and sector seminars, you'll get direct access to employers networks that provide placements, volunteering opportunities and graduate roles.
6. Outstanding support: You'll get one-to-one support from your own dedicated placement adviser, who will work with you to identify the right placement opportunity for you.
7. Comprehensive preparation: We run a two-week intensive placement preparation programme, in addition to one-to-one mentoring and support from our placement team, academic and support staff.
8. Financial support: We'll give you a placement allowance for every placement you complete, which you can use towards the cost of your travel.
9. Experience that counts: All our professional work placements are part of an assessed module, which means that the experience you gain counts towards your final degree classification.
10. Go international: We encourage students to complete their placement abroad, with recent students travelling as far afield as Thailand and Canada. we can help you apply for financial support from available grants, with recent students completing work in Australia, South Africa and Thailand.
Find out more about studying abroad
What will you get out of your placement?
1. The chance to apply your knowledge: Placements give you the chance to put what you've learnt throughout your degree into practice.
2. The skills to succeed: From team-working and decision-making to communication and planning, you'll develop the essential skills you'll need to succees in the most competitive work environments.
3. Impressive references: 98% of employers would recommend their Leeds Trinity placement student, meaning you'll graduate with an impressive set of employer references.
4. Paid employment: 60% of our students gain paid work or volunteering through their placement.
5. The start of your career: 11% of our 2016 graduates secured a graduate role with their placement provider, of which 98% were at a professional level.
can also be an accredited module towards your degree as an alternative to a professional placement on some courses. Volunteering work could include supporting adults, mentoring school children and delivering sports sessions.
Find out more
You can ask our Professional Placements Manager, Mubina Ahmed, any questions about our professional work placements. Get in touch on
You can get plenty of advice and opportunities on our
Placements Facebook page - or find out what our current students are up to by following
#LTUplacements on Twitter.
*Destination of Leavers from Higher Education Survey 2016