What is School Direct?
A School Direct PGCE gives you the chance to complete your primary or secondary teacher training with a particular partnership of schools.
Your programme will be designed in partnership with Leeds Trinity University and the schools, based on the partnership schools’ specific requirements for Early Career Teachers (ECTs). As such, you’ll be based in a school from day one and your training will be very hands-on.
School Direct is a popular choice for trainees who hope to secure a teaching role in the same partnership of schools in which they train.
The structure is broadly the same structure as the University-led courses, giving you the chance to develop your confidence and teaching knowledge through three stages. Your training will be led by University tutors and school staff and delivered in cross-subject groups, but the main difference is that it will be predominantly be delivered in schools.
While you’ll spend very little time at Leeds Trinity University itself, you’ll still be able to access all the specialist support that you would expect from a university.
Courses available: Primary
- Primary Education (3-7)
- Primary Education (5-11)
Courses available: Secondary
|Art and Design||Drama||Mathematics||Religious Education||Social Sciences|
|Business Studies||English||Moden Foreign Languages||Science with Biology|
|Computer Science with ICT||Geography||Music||Science with Chemistry|
|Design and Technology||History||Physical Education||Science with Physics|
School Direct partners
School Direct offers practical, hands-on teacher training within a large network of good to outstanding
schools. Leeds Trinity University's School Direct partners provide support and guidance that develop PGCE trainees ready for employment.
- The Beckfoot School Direct Partnership
- Catholic Schools Partnership
- The Diocese of Leeds BKCAT Alliance
- Dixons Academies Trust
- East One Partnership
- Ilkley All Saints’ Teaching Training Partnership
- Nicholas Postgate Catholic Academy Trust
- Rodillian Muti Academy Trust
- St Anthony’s Primary Learning Partnership
- St Bede’s Deanery Teaching Alliance
- St Mary's Teaching School
- Tykes Teaching Alliance
- Valley Learning Partnership
- Waterton Academy Trust
- White Rose Alliance (WRA)
- The Yorkshire Rose Teaching Partnership
- Yorkshire Special Education Partnership