About this course
During your Foundation Year, you will undertake modules to enable you to enhance your academic skills and equip you with the tools you’ll need to study with confidence. You’ll carry out a personal project so you can study an area of interest related to your chosen future subject specialisation.
You’ll be introduced to the main perspectives, investigation methods, key studies and controversies in key areas of psychology. You’ll study sociology and criminology, focusing on social inequalities and patterns of crime.
Following successful completion of the Foundation Year, you’ll progress onto Year 1 of our Psychology with Criminology BSc Combined (Hons) degree.
You’ll learn in a supportive environment which focuses on teamwork and collaboration. As well as teaching you the core elements of psychology and criminology, we’ll support you in developing your research skills from the start of your degree.
In your final year, you’ll work with your supervisor to design and carry out your own research project. In addition, you will have the opportunity to tailor your studies (often with future career goals in mind) by choosing from a range of optional modules from either Psychology or Criminology.
You’ll also put theory into practice through the professional work placements included in your degree, as well as assessments which help you to develop valuable real-world skills.
You’ll graduate with an excellent grounding in both psychology and criminology which will make you ready to become a competent and ethical practitioner within the Criminal Justice System.
Why study with us?
- Build your self-confidence, academic skills and core subject knowledge in preparation for progression onto degree-level study.
- Start your journey to becoming a Chartered Psychologist. This degree is accredited by the British Psychological Society (BPS) which makes you eligible for Graduate Basis for Chartered Membership on successful completion of the course.
- Learn from the experts. The course is developed and taught by researchers and practitioners within the fields of psychology and criminology.
- Get professional experience via our excellent links with local criminal justice agencies.
- Tailor your studies in line with your own career aspirations.
This degree is accredited by the British Psychological Society (BPS) (link opens in a new window/tab) which makes you eligible for Graduate Basis for Chartered Membership on successful completion of the course.