UCAS tariff points
Do you want to develop the essential management skills and experience to launch your business career? Management is at the heart of the skillset needed to succeed in modern business.
On this course you’ll cover all the essential functions of management, operations and human resources (HR), developing a wide-ranging knowledge of organisations and their business environment.
Hoping to join us in September 2021? Book on a Campus Tour and get a feel for life at Leeds Trinity.
Get a course guide
For more information on this course and similar courses, as well as life at Leeds Trinity, order a copy of our latest course guide.
Ask a question
If you've got a question about this course, why not ask our academics and get the answers you need?
About this course
You’ll learn about the complexities of organisations, understanding their structure and HR management concepts. You’ll explore the fundamentals of accounting, finance and marketing, as well as getting the opportunity to learn about international business and marketing.
The programme has been developed in conjunction with employers and offers a well-rounded education in many areas of modern business management. It covers the organisational issues behind modern business, but also the legal, ethical and sustainability issues facing companies.
The underlying principle behind the course content is to mirror the modern business environment, giving you the opportunity to solve business problems in real-life case studies. You’ll learn in small groups, developing the confidence to work in project teams to a professional standard.
You’ll gain real-world experience through professional work placements, and you’ll have the opportunity to conduct a business research project with an employer in your final year.
Following your degree, you will graduate with an invaluable combination of in-depth theoretical knowledge and professional experience, preparing you for a successful start to your career in business and management. Our experienced staff (many of whom have had management careers prior to academia) will help you hit the ground running from day one of your new career.
Why study with us?
- We’ll assess you through business reports, presentations and group projects that reflect the modern business environment.
- Your lecturers have extensive global business experience, industry contacts and research experience.
- Develop your professional portfolio. You’ll gain a strong mix of professional skills and experience, preparing you for a successful career.
Graduates from this course can claim exemptions from up to four CIMA (Chartered Institute of Management Accountants) professional examinations. This allows you to begin at the Operational level of training as a CIMA Accountant.
You will study a variety of modules across your programme of study. The module details given below are subject to change and are the latest example of the curriculum available on this course of study.
Modules by Year
Core modules (students are required to take):
- Principles and Applications of Macroeconomics
- Management & Organisational Behaviour
- Marketing Fundamentals
- Operations Management
- Financial & Management Accounting
- Ethics, Society and Employability
- Integrated Assessment
Core modules (students are required to take):
- Professional Development & Placement
- Financial Management
- Legal Issues for Management
- Marketing Communications
- Business Research
- People Management
Core modules (students are required to take):
- e-business and e-marketing
- Business & Management Strategy
- Corporate Sustainability
Students are also required to choose one option module from:
- Research Project*
- Professional Learning Through Work
And two option modules from:
- Financial Reporting
- International Marketing
- Project Management
- Entrepreneurship and Creativity
*There are pre-requisites for these modules
Learning and Teaching
At Leeds Trinity we aim to provide an excellent student experience and provide you with the tools and support to help you achieve your academic, personal and professional potential.
Our Learning, Teaching and Assessment Strategy delivers excellence by providing the framework for:
- high quality teaching
- an engaging and inclusive approach to learning, assessment and achievement
- a clear structure through which you progress in your academic studies, your personal development and towards professional-level employment or further study.
We have a strong reputation for developing student employability, supporting your development towards graduate employment, with relevant skills embedded throughout your programme of study.
We endeavour to develop curiosity, confidence, courage, ambition and aspiration in all students through the key themes in our Learning and Teaching Strategy:
- Student Involvement and Engagement
- Integrated Programme and Assessment Experience
- Digital Literacy and Skills
- Employability and Enterprise
To help you achieve your potential we emphasise learning as a collaborative process, with a range of student-led and real-world activities. This approach ensures that you fully engage in shaping your own learning, developing your critical thinking and reflective skills so that you can identify your own strengths and weaknesses, and use the extensive learning support system we offer to shape your own development.
We believe the secret to great learning and teaching is simple: it is about creating an inclusive learning experience that allows all students to thrive through:
- Personalised support
- Expert lecturers
- Strong connections with employers
- An international outlook
- Understanding how to use tools and technology to support learning and development
Your time on campus, learning through in-person teaching, is at the heart of your academic experience and the way we deliver our programmes. This is supported and further enhanced by additional engagement activities and opportunities provided online and through digital teaching materials. This blended approach seeks to ensure a positive learning and teaching student experience.
Your programme of study has been carefully designed around a three-phase model of delivery:
- Preparation: You will be given clear tasks to support you in preparing for live teaching. This could include watching a short-pre-recorded lecture, reading a paper or text chapter or preparing other material for use in class.
- Live: All your live teaching will be designed around active learning, providing you with valuable opportunities to build on preparation tasks, interact with staff and peers, and surface any misunderstandings.
- Post: Follow-up activities will include opportunities for you to check understanding, for staff to receive feedback from you and your peers to inform subsequent sessions, and for you to apply learning to new situations or context.
Preparation, Live and Post teaching and learning and the digital materials used will vary by course, but will be designed to help you structure your learning, take a full and active part in your course, and apply and test your developing knowledge and skills.
A variety of assessment methods are used, matched to the learning outcomes for your programme, allowing you to apply and demonstrate the full range of knowledge and skills that you have developed.
For more details on specific assessment methods for this course contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Leeds Trinity University is committed to recruiting students with talent and potential and who we feel will benefit greatly from their academic and non-academic experiences here. We treat every application on its own merits; we value highly the experience you illustrate in your personal statement.
The following information is designed to give you a general overview of the qualifications we accept. If you are taking qualifications that are not included below, please contact our Admissions Office who will be happy to advise you.
|GCSE requirements||Grade C or above/grade 4 or higher in English Language and Maths.|
|Typical A Level offer||BBC|
UK Home Students:
Tuition fees cost £9,250 a year for this course in 2021/2022.
Part-time tuition fees will be pro-rated accordingly to the number of credits you're studying. Depending on government policy, tuition fees may rise with inflation in future years.
Tuition fees for 2022/23 entry will be set in summer 2021.
Living costs, e.g. accommodation, travel, food, will also need to be taken into consideration.
Leeds Trinity offers a range of bursaries and scholarships to help support students while you study.
International Students, including EU Students:
Tuition fees cost £12,000 per year for this course starting in 2021/22.
Part-time study is not available for international students on a Student Route Visa.
We advise students that there may be additional course costs in addition to annual tuition fees:
- Recommended and required reading lists will be provided at the start of your course. All the books and e-books are available from our Library to borrow but you may choose to purchase your own.
- On some courses there may be additional costs, such as field trips, equipment, accreditations, that may be part-funded by the University. More details will be provided at the start of the course.
- You'll need to include placement/s travel and associated costs too, however the University will contribute a standard amount towards your total expenditure.
- The University provides students with a £6 printing credit each academic year which can be topped up either on campus or online.
How to apply
For full-time undergraduate courses, you apply through UCAS. That's the University and Colleges Admissions Service.
On your application form, you'll need to know our institution code - it's L24 - and the course code. If you click through to the UCAS website using the button below, it'll take you to the right place with all the information you need.
For courses starting in 2021, if you don’t already hold an offer then from 5 July you can apply for available courses through Clearing. Find out more in our Guide to Clearing.
Please note, we are no longer able to accept applications for courses starting in 2021 from applicants who need a student visa but do not currently hold one as there won’t be sufficient time to meet all entry criteria and apply for a visa.
For courses starting in 2022, you can start your application now and submit it from 7 September 2021. Your application should be submitted to UCAS by 26 January 2022.
You'll also need to write a personal statement - we've prepared a guide to help you.
There's lots more information about the application process on the UCAS website, or you can get in touch with our admissions team who will be happy to help:
Ranked 1st Our Business courses are ranked 1st out of 123 UK universities for ‘value-added’ - a score which compares students’ individual degree results with their entry qualifications to show how effective the teaching at an institution is - Guardian University Guide 2021
You’ll complete professional work placements as part of your degree. Recent students have completed placements at a variety of organisations including Arcadia Group, Leeds Playhouse, Bradford City Council and Aviva.
You’ll graduate with the knowledge, skills and experience to work effectively in a managerial role within a business organisation. Our graduates work in a range of business and management roles in diverse industries across the UK and abroad. You’ll also be well-prepared for a management trainee role or for postgraduate study.
What is Discover Uni?
Discover Uni is the official, authoritative source of information and guidance on higher education in the UK. The website allows you to search for and compare data and information on university and college programmes from across the UK.
It helps you make sense of all the information out there by linking to other quality resources and explaining what they can find where. It also allows you to search for and compare information and data for individual undergraduate courses across the UK.