UCAS tariff points
Do you dream of running your own business? Do you want to learn how to create a successful business that will thrive in the toughest of economic climates?
If you’ve got a business idea, we’ll give you the skills and knowledge to realise it on our Business and Enterprise degree. These skills will help provide what is required to start and run a business but are also relevant and essential for any business career path.
Get a course guide
For more information on this course and similar courses, order a copy of our latest course guide.
Book your place on a Campus Tour and get a feel for life at Leeds Trinity.
Ask a question
If you've got a question about this course, why not ask our academics and get the answers you need?
About this course
You’ll learn the fundamentals of business planning and business development, building your understanding of finance and marketing for business.
You’ll learn how to formulate a business strategy, make financial forecasts, present and sell your ideas and find customers and clients, as well as discover how to take your business into international markets.
Our vocational approach means you’ll get plenty of opportunities to put the business and enterprise skills you develop into practice. Your assessments will be practical, giving you the chance to develop a start-up business and generate your own income stream as part of your degree. We’ll encourage you to spend time delivering real outputs for your business, assessing you on fundamental start-up tasks such as your launch event, marketing plan and financial forecasts.
You’ll also be able to develop the entrepreneurial skills sought by larger businesses through a major consultancy project in your final year. You’ll work with other students on new business ideas, using the skills and knowledge you’ve developed to deliver business consultancy, reports and recommendations.
Mentoring and networking is crucial for start-up businesses, so we’ll connect you with the wide range of successful entrepreneurs based in our Business and Enterprise Centre.
Why study with us?
- You'll have the opportunity to start your own business with appropriate support, help and advice.
- Develop the core skills in finance, business and marketing you need to start your own business
- Get assessed on your own business activities – from marketing plans and financial forecasts, to product ranges and launch events.
- Put your business skills into practice through professional work placements and consultancy projects.
- Access mentoring, networking and funding opportunities through our Business and Enterprise Centre.
Graduates from this course can claim exemptions from up to four CIMA (Chartered Institute of Management Accountants) professional examinations. This allows you to begin at the Operational level of training as a CIMA Accountant.
You will study a variety of modules across your programme of study. The module details given below are subject to change and are the latest example of the curriculum available on this course of study.
Modules by Year
Core modules (students are required to take):
- Financial and Management Accounting
- Operations Management
- Principles and Applications of Macroeconomics
- Management & Organisational Behaviour
- Marketing Fundamentals
- Ethics, Society and Employability
- Integrated Assessment
Core modules (students are required to take):
- Financial Accounting
- Principles of International Business
- Business Development 1
- Professional Development and Placement
Students are also required to choose one option module from:
- PR in Practice
- Media, Power and culture
- Digital Narrative
- Marketing Communications
- Legal Issues for Management
Core modules (students are required to take):
- Business & Management Strategy
- Business Development II*
- Project Management
- Entrepreneurship and Creativity
Students are also required to choose two option modules from:
- e-business and e-marketing
- Advanced Radio Production*
- Contemporary Cultural Issues
*There are pre-requisites for these modules
Learning and Teaching
At Leeds Trinity we aim to provide an excellent student experience and provide you with the tools and support to help you achieve your academic, personal and professional potential.
Our Learning, Teaching and Assessment Strategy delivers excellence by providing the framework for:
- high quality teaching
- an engaging and inclusive approach to learning, assessment and achievement
- a clear structure through which you progress in your academic studies, your personal development and towards professional-level employment or further study.
We have a strong reputation for developing student employability, supporting your development towards graduate employment, with relevant skills embedded throughout your programme of study.
We endeavour to develop curiosity, confidence, courage, ambition and aspiration in all students through the key themes in our Learning and Teaching Strategy:
- Student Involvement and Engagement
- Integrated Programme and Assessment Experience
- Digital Literacy and Skills
- Employability and Enterprise
To help you achieve your potential we emphasise learning as a collaborative process, with a range of student-led and real-world activities. This approach ensures that you fully engage in shaping your own learning, developing your critical thinking and reflective skills so that you can identify your own strengths and weaknesses, and use the extensive learning support system we offer to shape your own development.
We believe the secret to great learning and teaching is simple: it is about creating an inclusive learning experience that allows all students to thrive through:
- Personalised support
- Expert lecturers
- Strong connections with employers
- An international outlook
- Understanding how to use tools and technology to support learning and development
Your time on campus, learning through in-person teaching, is at the heart of your academic experience and the way we deliver our programmes. This is supported and further enhanced by additional engagement activities and opportunities provided online and through digital teaching materials. This blended approach seeks to ensure a positive learning and teaching student experience.
Your programme of study has been carefully designed around a three-phase model of delivery:
- Preparation: You will be given clear tasks to support you in preparing for live teaching. This could include watching a short-pre-recorded lecture, reading a paper or text chapter or preparing other material for use in class.
- Live: All your live teaching will be designed around active learning, providing you with valuable opportunities to build on preparation tasks, interact with staff and peers, and surface any misunderstandings.
- Post: Follow-up activities will include opportunities for you to check understanding, for staff to receive feedback from you and your peers to inform subsequent sessions, and for you to apply learning to new situations or context.
Preparation, Live and Post teaching and learning and the digital materials used will vary by course, but will be designed to help you structure your learning, take a full and active part in your course, and apply and test your developing knowledge and skills.
A variety of assessment methods are used, matched to the learning outcomes for your programme, allowing you to apply and demonstrate the full range of knowledge and skills that you have developed.
For more details on specific assessment methods for this course contact email@example.com
Leeds Trinity University is committed to recruiting students with talent and potential and who we feel will benefit greatly from their academic and non-academic experiences here. We treat every application on its own merits; we value highly the experience you illustrate in your personal statement.
The following information is designed to give you a general overview of the qualifications we accept. If you are taking qualifications that are not included below, including the recently introduced T Levels, please contact our Admissions Office who will be happy to advise you.
|GCSE requirements||GCSEs in English language and Maths at grade C or 4 or higher are required.|
|Typical A Level offer||BBC|
UK Home Students:
Tuition fees cost £9,250 a year for this course in 2021/2022.
Part-time tuition fees will be pro-rated accordingly to the number of credits you're studying. Depending on government policy, tuition fees may rise with inflation in future years.
Tuition fees for 2022/23 entry will be set in summer 2021.
Living costs, e.g. accommodation, travel, food, will also need to be taken into consideration.
Leeds Trinity offers a range of bursaries and scholarships to help support students while you study.
International Students, including EU Students:
Tuition fees cost £12,000 per year for this course starting in 2021/22.
Part-time study is not available for international students on a Student Route Visa.
We advise students that there may be additional course costs in addition to annual tuition fees:
- Recommended and required reading lists will be provided at the start of your course. All the books and e-books are available from our Library to borrow but you may choose to purchase your own.
- On some courses there may be additional costs, such as field trips, equipment, accreditations, that may be part-funded by the University. More details will be provided at the start of the course.
- You'll need to include placement/s travel and associated costs too, however the University will contribute a standard amount towards your total expenditure.
- The University provides students with a £6 printing credit each academic year which can be topped up either on campus or online.
How to apply
For full-time undergraduate courses, you apply through UCAS. That's the University and Colleges Admissions Service.
On your application form, you'll need to know our institution code - it's L24 - and the course code. If you click through to the UCAS website using the button below, it'll take you to the right place with all the information you need.
You can now submit your application for courses starting in September 2022. Your application should be submitted to UCAS by 26 January 2022.
If you require a Student Route Visa in order to study in the UK, then you must meet all the conditions of your offer and present all supporting documentation required for the visa application no later than Friday 29 July 2022
You'll also need to write a personal statement - we've prepared a guide to help you.
There's lots more information about the application process on the UCAS website, or you can get in touch with our admissions team who will be happy to help:
Ranked 1st Our Business courses are ranked 1st out of 123 UK universities for ‘value-added’ - a score which compares students’ individual degree results with their entry qualifications to show how effective the teaching at an institution is - Guardian University Guide 2021
You’ll complete professional work placements during your degree, working with SMEs, larger businesses and entrepreneurs in order to understand the day-to-day realities of running a business, enhance your employability skills and provide you with an excellent insight into potential career options.
We’ve designed this degree to give you the skills, knowledge and support to start your own business, but the variety of business enterprise and employability skills gained during your degree will also prepare you for a career in areas of business such as marketing, sales, business development and project management. We’ll also help you to prepare for a successful application to a graduate trainee scheme, thanks to the Graduate Trainee Assessment Centre included in your second year.
What is Discover Uni?
Discover Uni is the official, authoritative source of information and guidance on higher education in the UK. The website allows you to search for and compare data and information on university and college programmes from across the UK.
It helps you make sense of all the information out there by linking to other quality resources and explaining what they can find where. It also allows you to search for and compare information and data for individual undergraduate courses across the UK.