This work-based programme is designed to provide the essential knowledge, understanding and skills required to operate effectively and successfully in a senior leadership position.
Core areas focus on organisational strategy, finance, influencing and negotiating, leading and developing people, and innovation
Register your interest
Whether you are a prospective apprentice or an employer, let us know which apprenticeships you're interested in and we'll be in touch.
Kick-start your career
Leeds Trinity University works in close partnership with employers across all sectors from schools and colleges, to private, public and third sector organisations.
About this course
This apprenticeship is suitable for professional senior leaders in the private, public and third sectors.
It will allow apprentices to combine workplace learning opportunities with university studies, bringing together theories and practice that are relevant to the organisation in which they work.
- Each Apprenticeship Standard combines work and study through a programme that has been designed with industry professionals.
- They are designed for employees and can be suitable as a way to upskill existing members of staff.
- Small groups and specially-designed learning sessions will ensure that apprentices get the most out of their time on campus (typically 20% of time is spent 'off-the-job').
- There are no direct fees paid by the apprentice as the programme is supported through the Apprenticeship Levy.
- Successful apprentices will gain a Master of Business Administration (MBA) Postgraduate Degree, whilst also having the opportunity to gain a recognised professional qualification from a professional body such as the Chartered Management Institute (professional membership fees apply).
Programme duration and delivery
It will typically take 2 to 2.5 years to complete the apprenticeship, however, there may also be opportunities to join part way through the programme if candidates have considerable experience in a particular area.
Apprentices will benefit from lectures and seminars delivered on campus or in the workplace.
This is supported by a variety of online tasks and independent research activities which can be undertaken in the workplace.
The module details given below are subject to change, and are the latest example of the curriculum available on this course of study.
Modules by Year
- Leadership and Professional Development
- Corporate and International Strategy
- Strategic Marketing and Planning
- Human Resource Management
- Innovation, Change and Enterprise
- Financial Strategy and Business Operations
- Planning Practitioner Projects
- Work-based project
- End-point assessment
- Project Showcase
- Professional Discussion
Learning and Teaching
At Leeds Trinity we aim to provide an excellent student experience and provide you with the tools and support to help you achieve your academic, personal and professional potential.
Our Learning, Teaching and Assessment Strategy delivers excellence by providing the framework for:
- high quality teaching
- an engaging and inclusive approach to learning, assessment and achievement
- a clear structure through which you progress in your academic studies, your personal development and towards professional-level employment or further study.
We have a strong reputation for developing student employability, supporting your development towards graduate employment, with relevant skills embedded throughout your programme of study.
We endeavour to develop curiosity, confidence, courage, ambition and aspiration in all students through the key themes in our Learning and Teaching Strategy:
- Student Involvement and Engagement
- Integrated Programme and Assessment Experience
- Digital Literacy and Skills
- Employability and Enterprise
To help you achieve your potential we emphasise learning as a collaborative process, with a range of student-led and real-world activities. This approach ensures that you fully engage in shaping your own learning, developing your critical thinking and reflective skills so that you can identify your own strengths and weaknesses, and use the extensive learning support system we offer to shape your own development.
We believe the secret to great learning and teaching is simple: it is about creating an inclusive learning experience that allows all students to thrive through:
- Personalised support
- Expert lecturers
- Strong connections with employers
- An international outlook
- Understanding how to use tools and technology to support learning and development
Throughout the programme, apprentices are assessed via various methods including:
- professional discussions
- work-based projects
Apprentices will also create a portfolio of evidence throughout the programme in order to allow them to demonstrate how they have achieved the knowledge, skills and behaviours set out in the Apprenticeship Standard.
Evidence may include reports, reflective logs and formative assessments.
Upon completion of the degree, each apprentice will use their portfolio to progress to the final part of the Apprenticeship - the end point assessment.
This is made up of two elements:
- Project Showcase - based on the work-based project, including report, presentation and questioning.
- Professional Discussion - between the apprentice and independent assessor. This is based on the portfolio of work.
Leeds Trinity University is committed to recruiting students with talent and potential and who we feel will benefit greatly from their academic and non-academic experiences here. We treat every application on its own merits; we value highly the experience you illustrate in your personal statement.
The following information is designed to give you a general overview of the qualifications we accept. If you are taking qualifications that are not included below, please contact our Admissions Office who will be happy to advise you.
- You will need to be employed for a minimum of 30 hours per week in a relevant role and have the support of your employer.
- GCSE English and Maths at grade 4 (C) or above or accepted equivalent qualifications.
- An honours degree, or substantial experience working in a senior management position.
We offer extensive support to all of our apprentices - whatever their background or academic experience.
This includes access to our peer support mentors and the Learning Hub, which offers tailored support for academic skills.
Degree Apprenticeships are fully funded by your employer if their wage bill over £3 million each year.
The government will fund up to 95% of the apprenticeships course fees, up to the relevant funding gap, if the organisation has paid into the levy at least once during the financial year or if the organisation has spent all its levy.
Read more about how levy payments work from the UK Government website.
How to apply
Whether you’re looking to develop your skills with us as an apprentice, or you’re an employer looking for more information on using Leeds Trinity University as a training provider, please complete the form below and we will contact you to discuss your options.
About Leeds Trinity University
Our professional Apprenticeships combine part-time study at Leeds Trinity University with workplace training. We've been providing outstanding provision in higher education for over 50 years and have significant experience of delivering work-based learning programmes. We are located on a beautiful campus just six miles from Leeds city centre with excellent links by road, rail and air. We're proud to offer a personal and inclusive university experience that gives everyone the support they need to realise their potential. Our teaching staff have extensive and relevant professional experience