Having problems with Eduroam
? This page will help you check your device, software and process to make sure you can access our free WiFi service.
- Make sure that you are logging on using your full firstname.lastname@example.org rather than just your username on its own.
- Make sure your password is correct. Eduroam will tell you if it's not. This is the same password you use to log in to the computers on campus.
- Unable to use the WiFi setup network? Try and configure your device by directly connecting to the Eduroam network. This applies to Android, iOS, Windows Phone 8 and Windows 8.
- Your browser should open automatically if you are connected to the WiFi setup. Try opening it manually if it doesn't automatically.
It's likely that connecting direct with Eduroam network won't work. Instead, try connecting to the WiFi by opening your browser to download and install the application and follow the onscreen instructions.
Your password will be incorrect if you get a message saying "the network is not in range".
Most Android devices will connect directly with the Eduroam network. If it doesn't work, connect to the WiFi setup network by opening your browser to download, install and run the SecureW2 JoinNow Android application. You may encounter the following messages during this process:
- This type of file can harm your device: click Action and then OK.
- Install Blocked. For security your phone is set to block installation of applications obtained from unknown sources: click Action, then Settings, then Security, the Unknown sources (Allow installation of apps from unknown sources) and Enable.
- You need to set a lock screen PIN or password before you can use credential storage: click Action, then Settings, then Security, then Screen Lock and PIN.
- Enter the credential storage password even though you never set one: click Action and enter anything three times and it will allow you to clear and reset the password.
Ensure that the device is connected to the WiFi when opening the SecureW2 JoinNow application.
iOS for iPad and iPhone
Using the WiFi service, you'll be asked to Install Profile. Press Install. It will then give you a Root Certificate Warning. Press Install.
Connecting directly with Eduroam network will display the following: Certificate eduroam.leedstrinity.ac.uk is Not Verified. Press Accept.
Struggling to connect? Try going to Settings, then General, then Reset, then Reset Network Settings and connect manually to WiFi or Eduroam.
You will need to bring your Mac to the IT Helpdesk on the ground-floor of the Andrew Kean Learning Centre who can run the Eduroam installer DMG from a USB drive.
The IT Helpdesk will be able to answer any questions, support you through an IT problem and provide general IT guidance and advice. Contact us on +44 (0) 113 283 7223
- Monday - Friday: 08:30 - 17:00
- Saturday: CLOSED
- Sunday: CLOSED
Out of hours Helpdesk
We also provide an out-of-hours service which is available Monday - Friday 17:00 - 08:30 and all weekend. This service will also cover the Christmas and Easter holidays, as well as Bank Holidays.