high-speed WiFi services on campus can sometimes be hindered from performing well.
Follow our top tips to get the best from Leeds Trinity’s free WiFi services
Check your device
Best performance is achieved when you're using a device that has 5GHz ac or a/n wireless enabled. Devices that support these include:
- iPhone 5C and above
- iPad 2 and above
- Samsung Galaxy S2 and above
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 and above
- Google Nexus 4 phone and above
- Google Nexus 7 (2013) tablet and above
- Nokia Lumia 620 series and newer
- Motorola Moto G
- Microsoft Surface (all versions)
A connection can be achieved on devices with a 2.4GHz b/g or b/g/n wireless adapter, at a lower connection speed. Devices that support these include:
- iPhone 4S and earlier
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 and below
- iPad 1
- Google Nexus 7 tablet (2012)
- Nokia Lumia 5x0 series and older 510, 610, 710, 720 and 800
- Motorola Moto E
- Performance will be better indoors rather than outside.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest versions of iOS or Android software applications.
- Update the Windows laptop wireless drivers via Windows Update or visit the laptop manufacturer's website.
- Update Mac laptop software at the App Store.
- Try turning your WiFi off and on again, particularly if you are using a Windows Phone.
- Halls of residence WiFi performance will be better using StudentCom rather than Eduroam.