The Leeds Centre of Victorian Studies (LCVS) hosts a one-day colloquium every year that attracts Victorian scholars from around the world. Whether you're a postgraduate student, academic or member of the public, attendees will benefit from:
- world-leading Victorian Studies speakers
- academic discussion
- networking opportunities
- research papers
This year's conference, titled 'Water', will be on Friday 7 April. More details to follow.
Our annual conference was the 26th Annual Conference on Virginia Woolf: Virginia Woolf and Heritage.
Find out more
Hosting the British Association for Victorian Studies Conference 2015 marked the ‘coming of age’ for the Leeds Centre for Victorian Studies, which celebrated 21 years in 2015, and was titled Victorian Age(s).
Find out more
This year's annual conference was in partnership with the Northern Nineteenth-Century Network (NNCN), entitled Paraphernalia! Victorian Objects.
Volumes of working papers from previous conferences
Working papers are available to purchase by contacting the LCVS team on +44 (0) 113 283 7100
ext. 396 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Towards the Metropolis, April 2014
- Victorian Spiritualities, March 2012
- Victorian Childhoods, March 2010
- Victorian Ethics, March 2008
- Victorian Soundscapes Revisited, March 2007
- Victorian Spaces, March 2006
- The Pre-Raphaelite Ideal, March 2004
- Culture Institutions, March 2002
- Unrespectable Recreations, March 2001
- Platform, Pulpit, Rhetoric, March 2000
- Scholarship in Victorian Britain, March 1998