Online Application Form Process
You are advised to read the job description and employee specification for each vacancy carefully before completing an application as the decision whether to shortlist you will be based on the information provided in your application. Curriculum Vitae (CV) alone are not accepted but you can submit one attachment, with a maximum size of 5 MB, to support your application when applying online.
Please note that the online form will time-out after 60 minutes so please ensure you regularly click save.
If required, you can type your supporting statement in another software application e.g. MS Word and then copy and paste the text into the relevant box. Please be aware any formatting applied could be lost when copying.
Please note that the submission deadline for application forms is 12 noon on the specified closing date.
Who do I speak to if I'm experiencing technical problems?
firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do our very best to assist you. Please note that support is available during normal office hours Monday to Friday.
I can't remember the password I created. How do I request a new one?
Please click on the 'Forgotten Password' link. As the process for this differs for external and internal candidates, please read the following:
External Applicants: Please enter your details below and select Submit. You should receive an email within 5 minutes containing a link that will enable you to reset your password.
Internal Applicants: If you currently work at Leeds Trinity University, please login with your usual computer username and password. Do NOT continue with this Forgotten Password process.
Please note that if you have attempted to login 5 or more times, your account will have been deactivated and you will need to contact
email@example.com to request that it is reactivated. Being issued with a new password at this point will not reactivate your account.
I have submitted my application, how will I know if I am successful?
You will receive an automated acknowledgement via email when you submit your application. It is our policy to inform all applicants if they have been shortlisted for interview.
I cannot remember my username, how do I find this out?
If you have forgotten your user name please contact
firstname.lastname@example.org to resolve this. If you are a new user, and do not currently work at the University, please search for a vacancy, click on 'Apply online' and select the New User Registration link.
Internal Applicants: If you currently work at Leeds Trinity University, please login with your usual computer username and password.
I am an existing member of staff and I cannot see a vacancy that has been advertised internally only.
Please login with your usual computer username and password
before searching for such vacancies.
Where can I find out more about Leeds Trinity staff benefits?
For more information regarding our employee benefits please visit our staff benefits page.
I'm not sure if I'm eligible to apply for this role due to my immigration status – how can I find out more information?
Leeds Trinity University has a legal responsibility to ensure that all employees are entitled to work in the UK. You must indicate on the application form if you have permission to work in the UK. If you are selected for interview you will be required to verify this by producing the required documentation. For more information and guidance on visas and immigration please visit
Things to make sure that you do
- submit your application before 12:00 noon on the closing date quoted in our advert by clicking the 'Submit' button.
- tailor your application to meet the needs of the person specification. It is in your interest to make it easy for the selection panel to see how well you match the requirements of the role.
- provide evidence and examples of how your previous experience, skills and abilities mean that you match the needs of the job i.e. the abilities/skills specified in the essential/desirable criteria of the person specification. Remember that you may be able to draw from different areas of your life to provide relevant and useful examples, not just paid employment.
- provide a full and continuous history of your education/training and unemployment/work experience.
- complete all essential fields on the online application form. Incomplete application forms will not be accepted by the system.
- have checked all spelling and grammar. Do not rely solely on computer spellcheckers. It may also help to complete your application in another document first and then copy and paste the text into the relevant box.
- carefully consider any documentation that you choose to attach. All attachments should be relevant, add value to your application and should not duplicate information provided in the main application.
- give yourself enough time to fully complete your application so that we have all the information we require to make an informed decision. It is also important that all the information you provide is honest and accurate.
Things not to do
- Just attach your CV without also addressing the criteria in the person specification. CVs alone will not be accepted.
- just confirm that you can do the criteria specified in the person specification without further explanation. You need to provide clear evidence of how you meet each criterion by giving examples which draw upon previous experience, from paid or voluntary employment, education or other interests.
- cut and paste previous supporting statements that you have used in previous applications! This will be obvious to the selection panel and will have a negative impact on their consideration of your case.
- over inflate achievements, keep them accurate and honest.