Looking to give your LinkedIn profile a makeover, or brush up on your scheduling and editing tools for Facebook? From finding your online voice, to identifying your audience, Liz Cable and the Ad:Venture Project are on hand to deliver a series of social media breakfast classes from March to May.
Every social media breakfast session will have a dos and don'ts for every platform built on a decade of experience with hundreds of accounts and clients from every sector. We'll make sure you look like a professional from your very first update.
If you are a complete beginner, we recommend attending "Going Social" before any (or all) of the other workshops. We go beyond simple marketing tips to building relationships and finding your own tribe, whilst gaining a reputation for expertise in your niche. The software, apps and tools we recommend are all free or freemium (occasionally just very cheap).
All sessions run from 9.00am - 12.00pm.
Going Social – Thursday, 31 January
- Why Twitter is the best place to start
- Hashtags, how to find them, how to use them
- Finding your audience and getting their attention
- Lists - Twitter's secret killer feature
- What to tweet.
Facebook vs LinkedIN – Thursday, 14 February
- Which platform to use when
- Why you need a LinkedIn account.
- What is social advertising, how does it work (and how much does it cost)?
- Hosted, Earned, Owned and Paid for media
- Your LinkedIn profile make-over
Visual Media – Thursday, 28 February
- Pinterest, Instagram and Snapchat - Which one is right for you and your customers?
- How to get your content seen
- Content planning for visual media
- Herding cats – how to get your viewers where you want them
- Live video – should you take the plunge?
Blogging for Business – Thursday, 14 March
- Wordpress versus Medium (other platforms are available)
- Finding your voice, finding your audience
- 57 varieties of blogpost
- How to be found - writing for search engines and your audience
- Joining the "blogosphere", finding your business fans
Social Media Strategy – Part 1. - Thursday, 4 April
- Bringing it all together - choosing platforms and planning campaigns
- Content and Engagement planning
- Using other people's platforms, reaching other people's audience
- Scheduling tools, editing tools
- Curating vs creating content
Social Media Strategy – Part 2. – Thursday, 11 April
- Online Community Management
- Measuring Success
- Return on Investment for your time and attention
- Self-sustaining social media
- What if it's really not working?
To register for a place:
If you are a business under three years old with a desire to grow and employ people, please click here to register for a place.
Ad:Venture is focussed on supporting new and high-growth businesses. If you are eligible you will be asked to complete a Company Record form before you attend. Ideally, you will need to commit to attend all 6 workshops. If you are eligible for these workshops we will contact you to confirm your attendance.
Refreshments: Tea, coffee and biscuits will be available.
Leeds Trinity University is proud to be part of Ad:Venture; a business support programme aimed at helping businesses in the Leeds City Region with real growth potential to achieve their ambitions. We are looking to support businesses that have ambitions to grow and create jobs. The project is supported by the 2014 to 2020 European Regional Development Fund Programme.
If you have any questions, or for any further information, please contact Louise Miller, Ad:Venture Project Manager at Leeds Trinity University.