NQT Conference - Common Challenges, Practical Solutions
events, blogs:Childhood and Education
On Thursday 28 June the Leeds Trinity University Institute of Childhood and Education is proud to present its 2018 NQT Conference - 'Common Challenges, Practical Solutions'.
This one-day conference welcomes newly qualified teachers, and offers delegates the chance to take part in a range of workshops designed to address common problems and concerns, with a strong focus on practical take-home solutions. Workshop presenters have been chosen as expert classroom practitioners who are leaders in their field, and will share a wealth of stimulating innovations, tactics and approaches.
We are delighted to welcome back Sue Cowley; an inspirational writer, presenter, teacher trainer and international bestselling author of Getting The Buggers To Behave and How To Survive Your First Year In Teaching. Previous delegates described Sue's introductory session as 'inspiring', 'full of encouragement' and 'brilliantly real and funny'.
There will be a choice of workshops available aimed at both primary and secondary teachers, as well book stalls and exhibitors:
- How do I avoid an RQT confidence dip?
- How do I tackle disadvantage in my classroom
- How do I help pupils deal with stress and anxiety?
- How do I refresh my approach to differentation?
- How do I look after and use my voice to its best effect?
- How do I reduce the chance of a Primary/Secondary gap for students?
- How do I get little Ethel to behave?
- How do I help pupils become writers in the EYFS?
- How do I plan to progress in my teaching career?
- How do I grow my knowledge about education?
- How do I get better at teaching GCSE History?
A sandwich lunch and refreshments will be provided.
Thursday 28 June
9.00am – 3.45pm
Leeds Trinity University, Brownberrie Lane, Horsforth, Leeds LS18 5HD
The conference is £30 for Leeds Trinity graduates, and £50 for all other NQTs.
How to book
Book your place on the Leeds Trinity Online Store. Places are very limited, and the deadline for applications is Friday 15 June. For further information, please contact email@example.com.