NQT Conference - Inspiration, Invigoration and Agency
events, events:Childhood and Education
On Thursday 29 June the Leeds Trinity University Institute of Childhood and Education is proud to present its 2017 NQT Conference - 'Inspiration, Invigoration and Agency'.
The conference welcomes newly qualified teachers, and offers delegates the chance to share experiences, find solutions to common classroom problems, and take part in revitalising practical workshops.
The conference offers NQTs an ideal opportunity to review the year, recharge their batteries by picking up new ideas and tactics, and discuss the challenges and triumphs of teaching. The aim is to further your knowledge, skills and understanding, with a focus on provision of stimulating and practical strategies for the classroom.
We are delighted to welcome Sue Cowley, an inspirational writer, presenter, teacher trainer and international bestselling author, as the Conference keynote speaker.
There will be a choice of workshops available aimed at both primary and secondary teachers, as well bookstalls and exhibitors:
- Developing wellbeing and resilience
- How to excel in your second year
- Innovative differentiation
- Using technology to enhance learning
- Improving student engagement
- Teachers as agents of social change
- Taking the next steps in Primary Schools
- What a TA can do for you - an insider's view
- What secondary teachers need to know about Primary Schools
Lunch and refreshments will be provided.
9am - 3.45pm on Thursday 29 June.
Leeds Trinity University
The conference is free to Leeds Trinity graduates, and £50 for non-Leeds Trinity graduates.
How to book