Moving Forward Together - Childhood and Education Conference 2016
As part of our commitment to providing an exceptional learning experience, Leeds Trinity University is hosting an event to celebrate the Institute of Childhood and Education and our successful partnerships across the region.
The event will encourage insight and best practice through a series of interactive workshops and keynote speeches.
Immediately after the conference, we will also be hosting Professor Jan Fook's inaugural professorial lecture on higher education, entitled: Higher Education: What is it good for?
There will be a welcome from Professor Margaret A House, Vice-Chancellor of Leeds Trinity University, and keynote addresses by:
- Sue Rumbold – Chief Officer, Partnership Development and Business Support, Leeds Children's Services
- Andy Lloyd – Head of Workforce Development, Leeds Children's Services
- James Noble-Rogers – Executive Director, Universities Council for the Education of Teachers (UCET)
Delegates are invited to select two of the following workshops to attend during the event.
- Moving Forward Together
- New models of school led teacher training
- Developing Higher Level Apprenticeships
- Developing a research community
- Developing powerful learning experiences through placements in settings beyond the mainstream classroom
- Supporting young people with autism (run by STARS)
- Higher Level Teaching Assistants
- Catholic Partnerships
- It's better if you have friends to do stuff with: An exploration of 'having fun' in mid-childhood
- The implications of the recent white paper "Educational Excellence Everywhere"
- Working restoratively: The value of relationships
Further information about each workshop can be seen on Eventbrite.
Read our full conference programme.
When and where?
12.30pm – 5.00pm
Monday 27 June
How to book?
This event is invitation-only. Please register your attendance on Eventbrite - and let us know which two workshops you would like to attend.