At Leeds Trinity, we aim to provide an excellent student experience and a personal approach to helping students achieve their academic and professional potential. We have a strong tradition of supporting student employability, with relevant skills embedded in the curriculum.
The key themes of our strategy are student confidence, professionalism and social responsibility. To help students achieve their potential we emphasise learning as a collaborative process, with a range of student-led and directed activities. This approach ensures that students fully engage in shaping their own learning, developing their critical thinking and reflective skills so that they can identify their own strengths and weaknesses, and use the extensive learning support system we offer to shape their own development. Our full Learning, Teaching and Assessment Strategy can be accessed here.
The MA is a full time intensive programme designed to provide:
- The practical skills required for multimedia journalism.
- A comprehensive understanding of professional journalism practice, including researching and substantiating news stories, interviewing techniques, establishing contacts, shorthand.
- The knowledge and ability to apply the legal and regulatory frameworks conditioning British journalism.
- An awareness of the professional roles and regulatory responsibilities of journalists.
- A critical understanding of the political and commercial structures within which news media operate.
- The opportunity to undertake a piece of substantive independent research relevant to journalism.