St Mary's Menston Catholic Voluntary Academy provides an outstanding secondary education. We partner with St Mary's Horsforth teaching school and part of the Bishop Wheeler Catholic Academy Trust. We work in partnership with Leeds Trinity University to provide PGCE School Direct training places in secondary education and offer training in a variety of courses for trainees to work alongside experienced teachers.
We provide salarised School Direct opportunities in PGCE Mathematics and PGCE Science with Physics which entitles you to £21,000.
About the Course
The programme is delivered in three stages:
- Stage 1: Planning, teaching and assessment
- Stage 2: Individual learning needs and broadening teaching strategies
- Stage 3: Professionalism and induction
- A degree in the subject area or a degree with a substantial portion relevant to National Curriculum programmes and examination syllabuses in that subject area.
- GCSE English, Mathematics and Science at Grade C or above (or equivalent)
How to apply
Applications must be made through UCAS Teacher Training at www.ucas.com/apply/teacher-training
. Applications open in October 2015. Search for Menston in the training provider box.