Received an offer to study Primary Education at Leeds Trinity University? Congratulations! Your next step is to attend our Future Teachers' Conference on Thursday 25 April – an event for Primary Education offer-holders and Year 12 students interested in a career in teaching.
What is it?
The Future Teachers' Conference is a free event for all Primary Education offer-holders at Leeds Trinity and Year 12s. It's your chance to get ahead of the game and prepare for your teaching career before you even start your degree.
We're delighted to reveal that our keynote speaker is Greg Bottril - an Educational Consultant whose pedagogy is centred on the idea of children leading their own learning adventures. Drawing on his previous role as assistant head teacher, Greg has expertise in the principles of quality teaching, enabling environments and emotional connection to learning across all of the primary age range.
Schools in which Greg has worked with have noticed significant impact within their teams, their practice and their children. Greg will deliver an inspiring keynote speech titled 'The Importance of emotional connection in learning'.
You'll also have the chance to:
- Meet head teachers and find out what they're looking for in a teacher
- Work with our lecturers to map your Primary Education journey
- Learn how to use social media responsibly
- Talk to our Primary Education students about their school-based training experiences
- Meet your lecturers and future course mates
- Revisit the campus and take a tour of our on-campus accommodation
- Enjoy a free lunch
- Receive a free copy of Greg Bottril's bestselling Early Years book
Can I Go and Play Now?
9.30am – 4.15pm on Thursday 25 April
Leeds Trinity University, Horsforth, Leeds LS18 5HD
If you are a Year 12 student interested in a career in teaching and would like to attend the Future Teachers' Conference, please complete the form below:
Got a question?
Contact the team at
email@example.com or on 0113 283 7186.