Leeds Trinity's four-year degree programmes allow you to commence your studies with an initial foundation year. This initial one-year period of study allows you to develop your academic skills and confidence through undertaking four 30-credit 'Level 3' modules. These modules are designed to introduce you to a number of key concepts, debates and skills that will inform your second, third and fourth years of study.
If you have the capacity to undertake degree-level study, but may not have the required entry requirements to do so, this offers you an alternative way in to university. It also offers a development opportunity to you if you wish to build your skills and confidence by undertaking four - rather than three - years of university study.
Upon successful completion of the foundation year, you will be able to progress to Level 4 of this linked honours degree:
Modules (Level 3)
- Academic Skills and Studying with Confidence
- Principles of Coding
- Principles of Web Development
How to apply
Apply via UCAS
The UCAS codes for our Computing Foundation Years are above, and Leeds Trinity University's Institution Code on UCAS is L24.
The Foundation Year is for you if:
- you do not have the right qualifications for a full degree
- you feel you are not yet ready for degree-level study
- you are returning to study and feel you need some help to get up to speed with the demands of learning before embarking on a degree.
Benefits of a Foundation Year
- Undertaking a four-year pathway allows you to undertake a Foundation Year where you will gain key academic skills before entering full undergraduate study.
- Opting for a Foundation Year will offer you the opportunity to build your self-confidence before progressing to mainstream undergraduate study.
- Studying a Foundation Year as part of a four-year undergraduate degree offers you the opportunity to build your academic skills over a longer period of time.
Fees and funding
The fees below refer to the 2019/20 academic year unless otherwise stated.
Full-time UK/EU students* - £9,250
*Depending on government policy, tuition fees may rise with inflation in future years. Find out more here.
L3 entry requirement: Typically, our entry offer for this Foundation Year course is 32 UCAS points from at least one full A-Level or equivalent BTEC National qualifications.
L2 qualifications entry requirement: GCSE English Language and Maths at Grade C or 4 or higher