Equality, Diversity and Inclusion is at the heart of all we do.
Leeds Trinity University provides an open and welcoming environment, underpinned by the values of our Catholic foundation, which is open to all – whatever their faith background or belief. The University's mission states that the University "transforms lives by providing a unique and rich combination of academic, professional and personal development in an inclusive and nurturing environment".
Promotion of the principles of dignity, respect, social justice, equality and inclusion to support the social and economic health and wellbeing of each and every person in our University community is an important part of the University's Strategic Plan 2018-21, and Care and Inclusivity are values which guide our actions and behaviours. 'Building our community and bringing about greater inclusivity' is one of three themes within the Strategic Plan.
We believe that by working together with a philosophy of openness and respectfulness we can ensure that the University’s core values and mission become the lived experience of each and every member of the Leeds Trinity community.
- We seek to be diverse and inclusive – supporting individuals and groups to fulfil their potential.
- We strive to be outward-looking, welcoming and open to new ideas.
- We seek to harness different viewpoints and perspectives to benefit individual and community wellbeing and enrich our research and scholarship.
- We value and respect the perspectives and contributions of all our colleagues and students.
- We shall create an enriched environment based on values of dignity and respect where diversity of culture, heritage and lifestyle is positively valued and which helps our people to thrive and to realise their full potential.
Charters and Memberships
We affirm our commitment to equality through the following external charters and memberships, which hold us accountable for key actions and progress: